flatg40

What parts for 280mm rear brakes ?

Hi,

I tried to talk many times to John from JMR, but I had no answer yet.

I would like to fit some 280mm discs on my Corrado for rear brakes, and I would like to know what parts I have to use.

What car are the rotors from (280mm 5x100 vented rotors) ?

What are the calipers ?

For the hubs I know they must be made from OEM Corrado rear discs.

Is there someone on this forum who can make me the brakets to fit the calipers ?

Do I need any other parts ?

I had a look on the 280mm rear brake thread, but I found no answers to my questions.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Everyone bought them as a single kit in a one-off group buy - i think it was coordinated through G-Werks who imported it directly from the US.

This is the supplier as far as i know - http://www.eurospecsport.com/products/b ... brakes.htm - the reference for the kit is EBK 698 280 G/J3 RE5.

I dont see any reason why you couldn't buy it yourself directly from them but the exchange rate is worse now.

Actually shipping is nearly as expensive as the kit.

What I would like is to fit a kit like JMR sells. With custom hubs and vented rotors.

Please someone help me !

:)

thanks

Yeah the Eurospec kit is a non vented setup so fairly pointless really as an upgrade although it looks better.

I think John is running front calipers at the back but no idea how he did it and what he's doing about parking brake etc...

Sorry for the revival, are the discs custom machined 280mm 5x100? And those black bits in the kit carrier adapters to move the calliper away from the centre?

yes, and yes, but they are really not worth it at todays exchange rates (they werent really worth the £205 when the rates were good, they just looked nice). i priced replacement discs at £260 the other day compared with ~£50 for standard.

going to lock this up as there is another thread for 280mm rears.