Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

wadding for sub box

hi, ive just modified my sub box so it sits in the right hand side of my boot, but im thinking I might need some wadding for the box as its a little smaller than it was before.

can anyone tell me what stuff I need and how much to put in there please?

cheers, Rob

Check out the link below. It is usually about 25mm thick and you will want to cover all the internal surfaces of the box with at least one layer. I usually staple it into place. Put the sub back in and have a listen, if you are not happy with the sound, try a second layer. It's not an exact science as everybody has their own preference as to how they want their sub to sound. If you have a local upholstery supplier you will get a similar material there much cheaper.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__speaker+ ... 459_228460

Good info guys. Not really sure what it should sound like, just remember Reading somewhere that it effectively inceases to internal area of the box. Might get a tesco value pillow in there or something!

Interesting this, as thats exactly what I want to do. I carry fishing gear, and I need the left hand side of the boot clear, so I wanted to build something for the right .. did you custom build this, or modify it from an existing one. Would be very interested in the dimensions if you made it yourself, assuming it doesnt prtrude in the main boot area

Cheers

Phil

I modified an existing box. Ill take a picture for you later to decide if it's what you wanted before I measure it all up

th_IMG_0113.jpg

th_IMG_0112.jpg

th_IMG_0111.jpg

Its probably bigger than you thought it would be, but its smaller than a standard box. It fits what I need to get in there ok and now is bolted to the car so it wont roll around!

Also bought a tesco value pillow earlier to stuff in there, see how it sounds!!

Cheers mate, tis a bit bigger than Im after, but can reduce the size accordingly, its the measurements of how it fits into the arch that matters. I can always reduce how far it come from the arch quite easily

Thanks

Phil

Mine doesn't go into the arch I'm afraid,I didn't need that much space so couldn't be bothered to go that far!lol!