raddo_tom

Onboard mini cameras. Cheap and awesome!

Heres my video. Edited by my mate and uploaded by him, he did accompany me and did all the button pressing while i booted it. He's also edited it. They are the best little cameras ever.

Where did you mount it the camera? Any photos?

Cant really add photos today. But on the back bumper basically, bit of cardboard wrap the camera in masking tape to the peice of cardboard, then secure that down as well as possible. Works pretty good acctually.

Got my two today :D just need a memory card now! Not happy that i've got to take one apart to realign the lens but oh well, as long as it still works!

Right, i have a memory card, been charging the camera all morning, put the card in, tried to turn on and nothing happens... no lights, nothing... Have i not charged it enough or have i bought two duds?!

Oh and i love the translation of the instructions :roll:

Can anyone please explain to a complete numpty how to change thedate & time? looked at the guide Jon vr6 posted up and dont understand it much, :shrug: I'm a bit naff at computer stuff as you probably guessed :lol:

Thanks

Can anyone please explain to a complete numpty how to change thedate & time? looked at the guide Jon vr6 posted up and dont understand it much, :shrug: I'm a bit naff at computer stuff as you probably guessed :lol:

Thanks

Time set

1) Delete everything on the MicroSD card.

2) Create a text file called TAG.TXT in the root directory of the MicroSD card.

3) Open TAG.TXT and enter the following, correcting the date and time:

[date]

2009/09/27

21:00:00

4) Save TAG.TXT.

5) Eject and power-on the camera. The system will analyze TAG.TXT, then set system time according to what the file indicates. After that the text file will be deleted by the system automatically.

The player can play AVM format video, please install the software, it’s AVM converter, please choose 160×128 Frame Size.

Please have a try.

hope helpful. thanx, hope the futher orders from you

? 2010?3?11? ??

If this doesnt work then:

I managed to set the date and time. Had my windows extensions hidden. so was creating tag.txt.txt

Create a txt file at the root of the memory card, called tag and put in the correct date and time. Put in the data below.

[date]

2010/03/12

19:28:00

save file.

Turn off camera and then on. If it has worked the tag file should have been erased.

[youtube:3ce01mcq]5GcvyMF9XVg[/youtube:3ce01mcq]

Well worth refocusing the cameras...

Well worth refocusing the cameras...

how would you do that?

+1[/quote:16w7w4ad]

Its in the useful link 'Jon_vr6' posted earlier, http://chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions

Halfway down the page you'll find '2010 Feb 01 - #3 Camera, Focusing the Lens, f = 3.14 mm' ......... looks a little fiddly to me :shrug: and my recordalings dont seem any different to Toads

this page helped me a lot last 3rd of page translates the instructions rather nicely

Our cameras are number 3 type btw

http://chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions

Very useful, looks like i'll have to have a bit of a fiddle to get the power button to work - i think there was a fix on that site for my cameras symptoms, it charges but then the on/off button doesn't function.

As for the other one, it works nicely, not tried it on the car/bike yet but if its dry on Friday i'll be strapping it to the bike for my daily commute :norty:

I ordered one of these, it arrived yesterday. I think I have a different one though :scratch: The date/time isn't in yellow it's in orange and when following the instructions to change the date the tag.txt method wasn't working, but timerset.txt did which to me says it's the #5 camera, although the #5 says it has white text?! The video quality should be the same, although I don't think it looks as good, but the sound quality is terrible, no sexy R32 engine noise for me, just distorted wind noise :(

Anyone else found they have a different one? I bought it through the ebay link on the first link so assumed I'd get the same one.

See the weird thing is, I think I have the #3 cos of the yellow time tag etc etc, the video quality is spot on, the only thing that is kinda rubbish on mine is the wind noise which is far from the being similiar to the videos I have on Youtube taken by this camera, I dont understand it

I ordered one of these, it arrived yesterday. I think I have a different one though :scratch: The date/time isn't in yellow it's in orange and when following the instructions to change the date the tag.txt method wasn't working, but timerset.txt did which to me says it's the #5 camera, although the #5 says it has white text?! The video quality should be the same, although I don't think it looks as good, but the sound quality is terrible, no sexy R32 engine noise for me, just distorted wind noise :(

Anyone else found they have a different one? I bought it through the ebay link on the first link so assumed I'd get the same one.

Ive just got mine and mine is in orange aswell and didnt think video quality was all that good either, might send him an email.

not checked all of mine, i bought 3 in total, tbh i used 1 once and that was it, they just sat on bookcase still in the packaging :lol:

Ive just got mine and mine is in orange aswell and didnt think video quality was all that good either, might send him an email.

Yeah I think I might do the same!

how do you guys attach the cam to the front of your corrado?

I placed some padded tape (you could use masking tape) and found it wedges perfectly in between the slats of the standard grille.....tbh i think VW had this in mind when designing the rado :clap:

Here is my tarantinotastic attempt :(

[youtube:1cbw6bnl]AT-FZ4d4yrk[/youtube:1cbw6bnl]

how do you guys attach the cam to the front of your corrado?

I placed some padded tape (you could use masking tape) and found it wedges perfectly in between the slats of the standard grille.....tbh i think VW had this in mind when designing the rado :clap:

Here is my tarantinotastic attempt :(

[youtube:2y59yu9k]AT-FZ4d4yrk[/youtube:2y59yu9k]

You could have given us a wave..... Honestly :roll: :lol:

I'm jealous, mine is crap quality, might sell mine and try and get the one will the yellow time stamp, not the orange i have now.