Sign in to follow this  
twofourten

Something wrong with fuel injection?

I'm in need of help, these pipes burst open at the joint:

IMG_3477v1.jpg[/attachment:2dnzx4as]

It's by the fuel rail where the VDO is attached/joined to the engine & (in my utter ignorance) i assume that is something to do with fuel injection?

Anyway they came apart & where leaking fluid, I got them back together & mopped up as much as I could but the engine still seems to be leaking somewhere as there is a smell, looking in the bay before i noticed a damp patch down behind the rad under the battery too?- any ideas anyone please?

Its a breather hose, you will need to put a junilee clip on that to stop it from happening again.

The smell i expect is oil that came out of said breather hose and got on the exhaust manifold nothing to worry about and it will go away soon enough once its all burnt off.

The water under the battery is fine so long as its not battery acid coming out of the battery, they collect water there.

With out trying to be condescending, if you own a Corrado it might be worth reading up a little about the mechanics of them as they like to break and you don't seem to not know a great deal about an engine. The VDO is actually called an ISV (idle stabilisation valve) for a start. Everyboy has to start somewhere though and this forum is an excellent way to learn.

Thanks GRINGOG60 - i never have been a mechanic, i just love driving the car...

Whilst idle tick over is now running very low on the revs and pulsing slightly, can the ISV be broken or simply need adjusting?

I'll have another look in there this morning before i add another loads of miles to the clock driving to Bournemouth & Torquay and back this weekend