Sign in to follow this  
VWVW

Help! Toad alarm system. Anyone know how it works ?

Hi All

Anyone got the instruction manual for a toad alarm system or know how it works. I am not sure which one I have exactly. On the back of my remote key fob it says Type EL. Its a black remote key fob with 2 buttons. 1 black and 1 green.

I dont know the working sequece of it.

I used to press the green button to lock and unlock the car....but since then I may have messed up the sequence somehow as the door pins dont go down. It will work if I leave it for a while (w hich is not very convenient :)).

I ve noticed that when my alarm was working properly when I lock the car from the remote key fob both the driver and passenger side indicator used to flash. Now only the Driver side indicator flashes when I lock the car...before you ask both the driver and passenger indicator do work when I turn my hazzards on :)

also what does the other black button do ?

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I had a similar system to that, sounds like the Toad a101. The black button always used to 'mute' the beeping if u pressed it before the green one.

They automatically lock the car if u unlock it and don't open the door, is this what's happening?

When u press the button, does the beeping sound and the alarm activate? If the door pins aren't going down but the alarm is activating, it could be something to do with the central locking pump (located in the boot), and possibly the fuse...?

When u press the button, does the beeping sound and the alarm activate? If the door pins aren't going down but the alarm is activating, it could be something to do with the central locking pump (located in the boot), and possibly the fuse...?

Cheers for the reply....I think you are right in saying its a Toad a101. I ve just done a google image search and it looks like the one I ve got.

Yes the beep sounds when I try and lock the car but the pins are not going down but the alarm is definately activated. I can hear the central locking pump is working and the pins tries to go down but doesnt.

Maybe ive messed up the sequence when I ve been pressing the buttons too much have accidentally programmed it so that the pins stays up ?

I think I need to find myself a manual for this somehow :)

Yes the beep sounds when I try and lock the car but the pins are not going down but the alarm is definately activated.

Have u tried opening the door when the alarm is activated but the pins haven't gone down? The alarm should go off, and u should be able to open the door. (press green button to de-activate alarm when it's going off) Definately means the alarm is working.

I can hear the central locking pump is working and the pins tries to go down but doesnt.

There may be something wrong with the pump then, and it's not getting enough air through the system or something. Check the fuse anyway to be safe, as this is exactly what happened on my Golf, was gonna buy a new pump and checked the fuse which was the problem!

Maybe ive messed up the sequence when I ve been pressing the buttons too much have accidentally programmed it so that the pins stays up ?

Sounds unlikely, I think there is something wrong with the pneumatic pumping system

Have u tried opening the door when the alarm is activated but the pins haven't gone down? The alarm should go off, and u should be able to open the door. (press green button to de-activate alarm when it's going off) Definately means the alarm is working.

The above happens exactly as you descibed it. So the alarm is ok

There may be something wrong with the pump then, and it's not getting enough air through the system or something. Check the fuse anyway to be safe, as this is exactly what happened on my Golf, was gonna buy a new pump and checked the fuse which was the problem!

I will check the pump and the fuse tomorrow :salute:. I take it the fuse panel cover will say central locking pump fuse.

thanks again

I take it the fuse panel cover will say central locking pump fuse.

I think so, not sure mate. I know the manual says what fuses are what. On my mk3 it shared the fuse with an interior light i think...