Sign in to follow this  
OllieVR6

Machine polishing - lets see yours!

Ok guys, I know someone of you frequent detailing world as I have seen your cars there. I am halfway through machine polishing mine and there will be a full write up in the coming weeks. I want to see your cars if you have done it or had it done please. I would also like to know what products you have used, the process and how long it took. I'm finding it really hard going, I started last summer doing a panel at a time and so far have finished only about 50% of the car. I'm using a Megs G220 with a Menzerna pad (the harshest one) and the harshest Menzerna polish. My process is this:

3 pea size blobs on the pad with a squirt of some quick detailer if the pad is dry.

Work it across the area I want polish manually.

Setting 2 to spread it about.

Setting 3-4 to start breaking it down.

Setting 5-6 to finish it off (needs a lot of correction).

I'm doing this 3 times for each area I'm working on. So for example I split the wings into 2 halfs and each half would take an hour and a half or so.

This is the first car that I have done and I'm about 80% happy with the results. Some things like dents and chips can't be fixed obviously and overall the car is 100000% better than it was.

Lets hear about yours please! :D

Well I'm giving this a little bump. Here are some pictures, I haven't taken enough yet but it gives you an idea of the results.

Most of the car looks like this:

DSCF2140.JPG

Here is the sun roof done, photo is 50/50 of sunroof and roof, if your not sure look at the difference in the relection on each side:

DSCF2145.JPG

And here is a 50/50 (the bad side doesn't look that bad but it is!) of the passenger rear quarter:

DSCF2214.JPG

Lol - in the last picture I'm squinting, I don't usually look like quite so much of a tool!