Sign in to follow this  
ubiquitoussmokey

g60 transmission leak

While my roomie drove my 1990 G60 last night the transmission started leaking and making a weird noise and the speedometer needle 'jumped' around then stopped working. There is now fluid on the top of the gear box surrounding the clutch slave cylinder but I know nothing about where to look for this leak and solve this problem. Any similar experiences? Please help. Thanks, Reid Coleman.

Welcome to the forum... sounds like the slave cylinder has gone, did the clutch pedal bite point drop or pedal stick to the carpet?

This shares the same fluid reservoir as the brake system so needs fixing asap.

Fairly easy part to change and you will need to bleed the new one.

hey thanks for the response. I've located the leak and it seems to be where the engine mates to the transaxle. Main seal maybe? it's pouring out pretty quickly. The slave cylinder has been recently replaced and its clean around that area. Thanks again! Reid.

Dunno if my last response posted or not but here goes again. The leak seems to be coming out pretty quickly at the point where the engine mates to the transaxle. Possibly the main seal? The clutch slave cylinder was recently replaced and it's clean of fluids around that area. Thanks again! Reid.