Donjon

Donjon's classic green storm. Return from yorkshire...

Got my H&R coilies on friday and have gone about greasing them up and adjusting them to my prefered ride height. When i was cleaning them i saw a bilstein logo on the shock, does anyone know what line of coilovers these would have come from at bilstein or are they made to order for H&R? I was also shocked (sorry) at the size of the piston on the shock absorber, i have never seen coilovers this wide before!

img06621.th.jpg

A lot of Bilstein dampers are like that. The R32 shocks are Bilstein and like that as well. Possibly H&R use Bilstein as a subcontractor for the shocks whilst the concetrate on the springs. Either way they are quality items so I woudlnt be worried.

Oh right thanks. They do look and feel good quality. I managed to get the rears on yesterday, it looks like a sports car and not an suv now! Im still greasing up the fronts and getting it to the exact height i want.

Its getting there sam, slowly! the new engine i have does look mint though, so i have high hopes for it! suspension was from a guy on here who wanted OEM suspension so we swapped! All being well it should be ready come the start of the show season. Im aiming to get it ready for ultimate dubs in march, so if it is do you fancy going in convoy?

Awesome stuff mate, 27k VR should be nice!! Oh and i wouldn't worry about the shocks, Bilstein make shocks for plenty of manufacturers and are awesome tbh.

Got my coilovers on just to see what it would look like before i start stripping everything. I think it looks rather good! a vast improvement over standard anyway. I will probably raise the front a bit and then lower the back some more but you get the idea anyway :worthless: so here they are!

Fingers crossed ill be joining you for ultimate dubs, all dependant on if mines fixed or not! I do have my eyes on a red 16v rado though so who knows!!!

Looks much better on coilovers by the way :D

Engine is now ready to come out! After we managed to strip all parts off it is now just sitting there on its mounts. The lower splash panel at the front will need rustproofing and i may need a new pas cooling pipe as it looks a bit corroded, but its progress!

Oh ans i had abit of cash left so i went and bought a raceland manifold and some heatwrap. It is easier putting this on with the engine out. Yep that was my excuse for buying it!

Have now got engine out and have began the process of making one hell of a good engine out of 2 good ones! I will put pics up tommorow when it is light. I got abit caught up and forgot the time!

Pics of engines and bay as promised, Jobs to do today include cleaning that bay up (YUK), wrapping my 6 branch, getting the looms sorted. I need some flywheel bolts as i forgot to order new ones and i also need a starter motor, but apart from that its getting there!

I think im putting mine in a garage to do....your will be on the road before mine at this rate!!!

chris, can't you get the boys to come round this weekend? what else needs doing? I may be able to spare an hour.

Nice work with the engine out job!

I think im putting mine in a garage to do....your will be on the road before mine at this rate!!!

I will be free to help after i have finished mine mate if thats anygood?

Big update!

With ultimate Dubs fast approaching, we had to step up the corrado restoration a little! Unfortunately i only have the weekends where my dad and brother are free to work on it, but a few weeks back my dad was made redundant, so has beeen able to crack on with the corrado whilst i have been at work.

The short version is that the engine is in! It is hooked up and its RUNS. Yes people, we have life!

Runs nicely too with no misfires or any knocks or bangs. Very quiet, until you give it some anyway!

So we are nearly there, just a few bits to tidy up and its done.

PICS!

Looking good mate!

Just noticed youve got pressed number plates. Ever had trouble with the law round here with them? I'm thinking of getting some.

Plates are road legal! Got them at a show for £30. They have all the road legal stuff on them and in my opinion look good!

Will be back on the road tommorow. I have the day off and cant wait!! So many things have been changed on it though, its completely untested..... I hope it goes ok.

Yes mate im going to most of the shows this year with my bro in his scirocco as well.

I am at ultimate dubs in the indoor arena with the vr6 oc next week so i am pretty exited about that!

We will have to convoy to a few shows mate!

Had the day off today to get the last few bits on my car sorted. Long and short of it is that i am back on the road!

It drives lovely and pulls very well, no real issues at the moment. The H&R coilovers are brilliant they damp perfectly and are very confortable. I just need to get the wheel alignment sorted out next week and i am done. For now!

Anyway here are a few pics of it next to my brother scirooco GT2.