Sign in to follow this  
ukscotth

Wheel fitting problem

Hi,

Ive got some BK alloy wheels I want to put on my corrado but Im unsure at what spacers I need. I phoned bk to ask them and he didnt really tell me much apart from saying id probably need 'about' 12mm. Does this mean it doesnt have to be exact ? I dont want to order some and then find out there too small or to big. Also will I need to buy a new set of longer bolts ?

Thanks.

Scott

Do you know the offset on the wheels (it'll behind the wheel face marked as an "ET" number).And yes you will need longer bolts if a 12mm space is fitted.

Also what size are the wheels

?jx??"

Cheers

Sean

Hi,

the wheels are 17x7 ET47

cheers

5X stud

Upstep Wheel Min Offset Max Offset

7.5 x 17 35 38

4X stud

Upstep Wheel Min Offset Max Offset

7.5 x 17 38 43

If you have the wheels i'd bolt them on and see the worst its gonna be is, that the wheels may stick out by 9mm.

Thats my opion anyway.

Sean

If you have the wheels i'd bolt them on and see the worst its gonna be is, that the wheels may stick out by 9mm.

Thats my opion anyway.

Sean

I've got a feeling the wheels would sit in by 9-12mm rather than poking out.

My TT Comps have an ET38 and don't rub at all. I would imagine 10mm spacers would be the easiest size to find and yes you would need longer bolts. Cheers Matt.

yep tried putting a wheel on the back and it touch's the spring. If i need spacers on the back will I definatly need them on the front aswell ?

seen a good deal on ebay for a set of spacers which will suit my wheel bolts. The only thing is there 20mm. Would that be too much do u think ?

seen a good deal on ebay for a set of spacers which will suit my wheel bolts. The only thing is there 20mm. Would that be too much do u think ?

You'll be hitting the arches with those 20mm spacers. There's plenty of 10mm sets on there :salute:

problem with all the 10mm ones is they dont come with the bolts i need so id have to get them sepratly, the whole lots gonna cost me about £130 ouch.

problem with all the 10mm ones is they dont come with the bolts i need so id have to get them sepratly, the whole lots gonna cost me about £130 ouch.

There's not too many options really as your wheels have that ET and the car has a set ET where the wheels fit nice and snug without rubbing. You could always get the arches rolled or widen the arches, bit more than £130 though :brickwall:

yeah guess il have to just spend the money, shame tho, id nearly be better off selling the wheels and getting a new set. If I could find a set that came with bk bolts id be ok but cant find any and to buy the bolts is £35 alone. Thanks for your help tho. Now all i gotta do is work out why it wont start grrr. I hate cars sometimes :(

Are you not able to get hub centric spacers for the rear to push the hub out by the extra? I know it's common on fords...

Are you not able to get hub centric spacers for the rear to push the hub out by the extra? I know it's common on fords...

Stretch? I think you've got your wires crossed a little there... Hub centric spacers are just normal wheel spacers which center themselves on the original wheel hub... What you're talking about on Fords is actually spacing the HUB out from the axle by putting in a plate between the part of the axle the hub bolts onto and the hub itself...

That'd work at the rear, but not at the front...

I did mention them being for the rear in my post :lol: I'll let you off though, because I forgot the name for the axle spacer thingymajigs!

Just obviously there's always the concern of if you're spacing the wheel away from the hub itself you're placing more load on the bolts when that load would have usually been carried partially by the hub itself,