Sign in to follow this  
8vMatt

Is there a guide to fit the Heated Seat Loom?

Hi guys

As I'm on my phone its slow going searching for stuff, I'm wondering is there any guide that someone has made for fitting a heated seat loom into the C. I've managed to buy a set on ebay and will be looking to fit this in the coming weeks. Anything to look out for or be aware of?

My Audi Recaro's have a heated seat loom connector on them, what would the unlikely chance be of the seat and loom connectors being a pair?

Cheers for your help in advance, Matt.

Hi 8vMatt,

I installed my loom a while back and its a bit of a hefty job :)

Basically, I took the whole dash out (as I was swapping it with a black one anyway). Used the big circular earth connection which is bolted to the chassis and sort of below the drivers side tweater as my earth.

I used viewtopic.php?f=19&t=76368&p=905110&hilit=heated+seat+wiring#p905110 to find where to put the live, however, I got it wrong slightly wrong and used a permanent live instead of a switch live so my switch is illuminated all of the time :)

I then ran the wire behind the speedo etc until I reached the central column where the handbrake sits. As i think my wiring loom is too short, I had to run the cable along that tunnel with the cables for the seats running left and right, however, I understand that the correct way is to run it alongside the passenger door as the relay bolts in behind the passenger rear door card. As I ran mine through the center, there is a small bump underneath the rear passengers carpet but it is barely noticeable.

If you need any more help, PM me :)

Thanks so much mate for that help. Wish you didn't say about taking the dash out! Haha.

The loom should arrive in the next week or so, I'll check it over before looking to route it in place. Yeah I'll prob PM you in a panic not knowing what to do, so thanks for the offer.

Matt.

Yep, no need to take dash out...

Take seats out and rear pass door card off and bolt the relays in place with the earth opposite to where the Electric Window module it on the other side.

The loom then runs forward then across and under both seats (you will see the connectors in the middle of each seat, right to the other side of the car then forward into the fuse box - I can't remember if the switch wiring T's off before this or not but should become apparent when you lay it out in the car.