Sign in to follow this  
deanpompey

clifford alarm probs - vague details inside! lol

Okay so, i just bought a Rado 16v on wed, and it has a clifford alarm system installed (details to be confirmed tue as im working away at the mo and havent looked yet!) which according to the previous owner will arm/lock fine, but wont disarm?

i know this is as vague as it gets, but does anyone have any ideas as to where i start when i get home, as obviously id like to have her fully alarmed when im not about!

I had a clifford alarm that sometimes wouldn't disarm.

Apparently if its an older clifford the alarm module aerial gets interference from all the wi-fi stuff and stops the car responding to the remote. Apparently you can buy new aerials that work better, jsut plug and play. Don;t know how much.

This might be utter rubbish but when i was having clifford alarm problems this is the info i found, i had another error with the alarm that mean i ripped it out and replaced it before trying this idea.

Hope it helps,

Don;t forget to try a different battery in the fob, might just been running low.

Beavisjem

When he says it will arm/lock ok, does he mean from the remote ? Or just the automatically after 20 secsonds or so ?

My system, Clifford Concept 50, seems to use up the wee batteries at quite a rate, so thats a good starting point - or maybe the remote itself is faulty ? Theye aren't the most robust of fobs.

it will lock and arm on the fob, but it wont unlock/disarm on the fob and if i have understood the prev owner correctly it wont unlock or disarm from the fob. can still unlock door with the key, but alarm wont disarm.

its a concept 50 i have in mine too, so will try replacing the battery, and then the antennae as i think i have a spare concept 50 at home in the shed....

if not ill just have to stump up the £300 for a Viper 480xv, they are allegedly very very good, and at that price its hard to argue (although i am trying t do the corrado on the cheap as im putting all my cash into my mk2 20vT project!)

You say it wont disarm ? Does that include using the 'valet mode' switch ? Thats the two-way switch, probably somewhere on the dashboard. That should switch the alarm 'off'.

well i lobbed a new battery in the remote and gave it a go, bingo. works perfectly . :cheers:

glad it was something simple, didnt fancy removing the dash! :lol: