C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

Nearly sure the connector is for the hanbrake light.

The writing says classic green in german i think?

I'm not very knowledgable on this but is it the remnent of an aftermarket addition? Mobile phone maybe?

defo not the handbrake light,thats connected.. aftermarket maybe but the other end connects to the larger plug connector..?

DSCF3716.jpg

from pic looks like its spliced in not part of original loom?

just had another look and its just stuck to the side so assume it must of been some phone attchment as some ballon has screwed a wopping big phone holder on the dash..!!!

leather color and restorer should arrive tomorrow..!!

Carpets back in and just finishing cleaning and restoring the trim, seats all cleaned in prep for coloring.

DSCF3748.jpg

DSCF3749.jpg

DSCF3752.jpg

DSCF3753.jpg

DSCF3754.jpg

DSCF3756.jpg

DSCF3757.jpg

Its come up really clean, I hope you are going to take a run down to Stanford Hall in it.

Its come up really clean, I hope you are going to take a run down to Stanford Hall in it.

cant see why not, should have all the jobs done by then and it`d be a good run out.. :salute:

that is one serious interior cleaning...the results on the carpet looks amazing!!!... :clap: Make me want to do the same on mine instead of just a quick hoover :)

wow! those carpets came up singing - cracking job sir. It's a stunning example from those first post pics.

+1 on the lowering - I'm sorting my Storm out in nx few weeks with some coily's :clap:

Well finished the seats and fitted them in this week,early 5am starts all week to get ready to drive to standford hall..!!

Still need to go round and detail and finish the seats,clean bits of over spray ect but am happy with the result which is not perfect but in a way its better that way as it matches the age and condition of the rest of the seats..

One of my neighbours put a sizeable dent in my drivers door so that has been rolled out and to be fair is 95% perfect but have had compensation for the rest and the messing about..!! 8)

Fitted the coilovers on friday and sat and set the ride height to 610mm floor to arch on the rear and 600 at the front,will see how it settles and feels and maybe tweek 10 mm.

The drive to standford hall was fine and the car runs really well.

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3781.jpg

DSCF3785.jpg

DSCF3787.jpg

DSCF3810.jpg

DSCF3818.jpg

DSCF3819.jpg

DSCF3829-1.jpg

DSCF3830-1.jpg

DSCF3826.jpg

DSCF3827.jpg

DSCF3837.jpg

DSCF3840.jpg

DSCF3924-1.jpg

DSCF3925-1.jpg

Damn that's nice. I almost bought this one and didn't because of other circumstances changing. But that's one very nice car.

Damn that's nice. I almost bought this one and didn't because of other circumstances changing. But that's one very nice car.

Were you the guy who put a deposit down...?

You've made great progress in such a short time, car looked great yesterday and I really enjoyed the run down to Stanford Hall, get your CCGB membership sorted now.

Nope not me. I saw it, said I wanted to think about it (I'd only just started looking) and then a week or so later agreed to come back and buy it. But my situation changed at work and I had to put it on hold. By the time my work situation was known, it had sold. Can't complain though :) But no, I hadn't put a deposit down. It's a lovely car. My only concern was the slightly higher mileage but it seems to have been very well maintained and the bodywork was fantastic. The leather was slightly tired but you've brought it back to life wonderfully.

If my job situation occurred a week either side then I'd have had this car sitting on my drive by now. Or, even with the job situation, now I've had a chance to see a few more and realise how good that one was I'd have risked it and bought it.

No firmly on the lookout for the right car again. But this one has made me fussy (probably a little too fussy!).

Nope not me. I saw it, said I wanted to think about it (I'd only just started looking) and then a week or so later agreed to come back and buy it. But my situation changed at work and I had to put it on hold. By the time my work situation was known, it had sold. Can't complain though :) But no, I hadn't put a deposit down. It's a lovely car. My only concern was the slightly higher mileage but it seems to have been very well maintained and the bodywork was fantastic. The leather was slightly tired but you've brought it back to life wonderfully.

If my job situation occurred a week either side then I'd have had this car sitting on my drive by now. Or, even with the job situation, now I've had a chance to see a few more and realise how good that one was I'd have risked it and bought it.

No firmly on the lookout for the right car again. But this one has made me fussy (probably a little too fussy!).

In a way the mileage didn`t concern me when i saw the fsh and the amount of work that had been done.The winner for me was the fact he`d owned it for so long and obvioulsy loved and cherised it.

The price was far too tempting as well and so now have to sell my mk2 20v to make way for the new one..!!

I could break it and prob make a good profit..!!! but i wont i`ll keep tidying and improving and go from there..

Someone did go and place a depsoit but had to drop out,there loss my gain..!

Could the wire be related in some way to the CD autochanger he used to have?

Split one of the wheels, not sure if the corrosion will polish out or to powder coat them...?

mumspictures062.jpg

mumspictures063.jpg

Ideally remove tyre, strip the lacquer, progressively finer grades of paper, polishing mops and compound, done. Alternatively remove tyre, strip lacquer hand to local polisher quick and easy. Don't forget the carbon centre caps 8) Should be looking good for next weekend, centres look great :salute: