Sign in to follow this  
G_Dub

Pioneer Head Unit problem

My Corrado came with a prehistoric head unit. The type that has a handle on the front! I guess in days of old people would remove the entire stereo and carry it around with them. Thank god for removable fascias!

I just bought a Pioneer MVH-8200BT head unit which looks very nice. Problem is that the metal bit at the back of the head unit slot is stopping me from being able to push the head unit all the way in so it clicks.

At first I thought it was the wires that were getting jammed at the back so after a brief fight with the glovebox (I have the cuts the prove this!) I removed said glovebox so I could pull the wires clear from the side. But it's the metal bit that sticks up at the back which is stopping the head unit from sliding all the way home. It's so infuriating cause it must literally be just a few mm.

Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking about grinding it off with my dremmel. Has anyone else done this? I don't see any other solutions.

***UPDATE - I've managed to sort this now. I bent the bit of metal back slightly and then (just) managed to push it all the way in. It looks really nice. :)