Sign in to follow this  
Nic

Couple of questions regarding FI setups

Hi all, first post here, i'm going on Thursday to pick up a VR6, it's done a fair bit of mileage and will possibly need the HG doing, so obviously i'm going to get the bottom end checked out while it's apart. If the bottom end looks in bad condition then i'll get another bottom end so no big worry about the mileage.

Currently it's got a shrick inlet manifold and 268 cams. I'm intending to go down the supercharged route as i loved my previous Golf VR6 with it's stage 2 vortech charger. I'm aiming for 300bhp and ideally i'd like to use a vortech again (i love that noise!) so i'm thinking of doing the following:

BMC CDA intake

Stage 2 charger setup

6 branch and a decat

Based on my previous Golf being 282 @ Stealth with only the charger setup i'm guessing this will get me closer enough to 300 or just over?

What other options are available to me? A basic DIY Rotrex from Storm starts at £1500+vat is this worth looking in to?

Thanks in advance,

Nic

aha, so you bought that one did you?! i was going to have it off him when he offered it on here for £500 but surprisingly after a few "you're mad" comments he decided to ebay it for a bit more ;)

good luck with whatever your plans are - i'm sure its going to work out to be a nice car for you. if you do want to go Vortech then i heard a rumour that there might be one for sale sometime soon - if you're interested then just say and I'll mention it to them.

and welcome to the forum!

I ran a rotrex on my R32 very different animal to the Vortech, Very relaible, cant comment on much else as mine was running 440 bhp and on a different engine,

aha, so you bought that one did you?! i was going to have it off him when he offered it on here for £500 but surprisingly after a few "you're mad" comments he decided to ebay it for a bit more ;)

good luck with whatever your plans are - i'm sure its going to work out to be a nice car for you. if you do want to go Vortech then i heard a rumour that there might be one for sale sometime soon - if you're interested then just say and I'll mention it to them.

and welcome to the forum!

Cheers, yup bought that one, picking it up tomorrow morning. It was a bit of an impulse purchase, i'd missed out on a couple of E36 M3's and Porsche 968's to replace my current AMG but then saw that and decided at the price and with the amount of spare parts i have lying about it would be a bit of summer fun. Plans are coilovers (H&R or KW v2s), 6 branch, decat, not sure what exhaust it has on it so maybe that, some recaros, a quaife or wavetrac, BMC CDA, and £250 on some ARBs and then possibly 17" oz futuras, see what comes out in the mix :D

Yup i'm interested in a vortech charger :)