Sign in to follow this  
ridders

Mileometer Not Working

assuming its an early type cluster as I don't think its possible for miles not to count if evrything else works on teh later type..?

had this very same issue - I bought a new cluster to sort it but in then end when I got the new cluster it was easy to see the potential problem with the original.

if you whip the cluster out of the dash and take it all apart you will be able to get to the gearing behind the numbers. you will find the drive gear has moved or is loose. Just pop it back where it is supposed to be - poss put a bit of glue on and roberts your fathers brother.

I know the above sounds daunting but it really isn't tricky at all. If you want me to post some pics let me know as I have my spare cluster handy I could snap pics of for you....

at the risk of sounding like keyboard warrior twat 'do a search' :lol:

there are loads of posts about this, but the gist is:

lower your steering column

undo the two screws in the lower corners of the cluster surround (be careful getting the plastic covers off - easy to break/lose!)

undo the screws on the upper inside of the surround

pull it clear

the actual cluster is then held in with 2 screws, one each side

in my experience it was easier to also remove the clear plastic front from the cluster as it was easier to get the cluster out with it gone - again, just two screws for that.

you need to then tip the cluster forward then push up a bit to release it from the securing tabs on the bottom edge. reach behind the cluster and unclip the wiring loom and disconnect the speedo cable (this is a twist and push type release)

hth

i'll take some pics tomorrow of the cluster and how to take apart

can you take some pics of the back of the cluster so i can have a better idea as to what im looking at? i have a 90 g60 and the part where the mph and all that is not working.. all so the mile meter is not working