Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

Non Lupo/ TT wiper comversion!

Those of you who like me have put up with the appalling wiper blades on the car will be delighted to know that you can spuce up the appearance & performance using new 'Bosch Aerotwin' wipers.

Simply remove the arms from the drive assy & lightly tighten the spring hanger inside the unit with a pair of thin long handled grips (pipe wrench is perfect).

Then grab the arm and bend the thin part towards window so to create a bit more tension.

Fit new blades and see the difference! :wink:

Any questions just run me a line. Cheers.

Exactley what I did too!

Two things to add:

The little bit of arm bending required to increase windscreen pressure eventually seems to wear off and needs re-doing. I wrap a cloth around the arm and pour very hot water onto the cloth, then leave it for a few minutes before bending. This makes it more pliable and less likely to snap.

Also, the bosch aero wipers are excellent (absolutely silent in operation) but they have not lasted very long. The blade bit is sooo fine, that any bits of stuck on grit etc. can damage the rubber. I might try a cheaper brand next time round.

Exactley what I did too!

Two things to add:

The little bit of arm bending required to increase windscreen pressure eventually seems to wear off and needs re-doing. I wrap a cloth around the arm and pour very hot water onto the cloth, then leave it for a few minutes before bending. This makes it more pliable and less likely to snap.

Also, the bosch aero wipers are excellent (absolutely silent in operation) but they have not lasted very long. The blade bit is sooo fine, that any bits of stuck on grit etc. can damage the rubber. I might try a cheaper brand next time round.

Agreed that idea of yours with the rag is a good one! How longs not long? At £37 a pair i wa expecting longer than a year surely? :bad-words:

Tried cheaper ones before I really wouldn't bother mate!

Agreed that idea of yours with the rag is a good one! How longs not long? At £37 a pair i wa expecting longer than a year surely? :bad-words:

Tried cheaper ones before I really wouldn't bother mate!

I might have been unlucky, but mine was damaged within two months - the drivers side now leaves one very thin water line in its sweep - it must have been some grit on the windscreen.