Sign in to follow this  
MaverickG60

How much is a G60 engine worth?

Hi guys,

I was after a little advice if possible.

I'm considering selling my '92 G60 engine to fund a long awaited conversion. I am curious to know what the going rate is for one?

For sale would be;

Engine

Charger

Gearbox

Loom

Ancillaries

Pretty much everything. Engine has done 160k with 50% main dealer history (i have contacted my local VW dealer and they searched their database and confirmed) and various other servicing. Not 100% on the charger, as the person i bought the car from lost the VW servicing schedule documentation stating it's service history (i do have 2 wallets full of history). I also have a dyno print out of 174bhp, so it's had some form of tuning/maintenance. That said, it drives and pulls superbly well.

If you could suggest an estimated price that would be great.

Cheers.

PG engines without charger go for between £200 and £400 depending on condition and what's with them

Chargers go for between £250 and £600 depending on history and how recently they were rebuild (and who by!)

Together, they tend to go for between £600 and £800, although I know of one that's just sold for £400 with charger, and I just sold a complete one without charger for only £200...

Basically it's all down to condition and history...

ooh, missed the loom and gearbox...

A G60 loom (complete) with ECU goes for about £100 to £150 (my last one went for £125, and I'm about to sell the one that's currently in my Corrado too...)

A G60 gearbox goes for anything between £60 and £200, again depending on condition and history...

the whole shabang like your looking at selling seems to go for around a grand on egay.

like already said really depends on what history you can prove and modififcations carried out (some people want, some dont)

Right, think that's enough :D

Time for a proper advert.