Sign in to follow this  
VR6Rado

Stuck Driver's Window

Hi

I've just bought my first Corrado, which is great fun and comes with its own list of features to fix. I've already fixed the wing mirror control thanks to the brasso fix on this forum.

One that I am having problems with is the driver's window as follows:

Initially, the driver's window semed to see saw down and felt as if one side had dropped out of the guides.

When I took the door card off, it had come out of the guide nearest the front of the car. I popped the arm back into the cup in the horizontal guide.

Now, when I use the switch, it runs smoothly down to about halfway, slows right down then goes down. On the way back up it sticks and stops at this point too. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I've put grease on the runner without any change. Does the cup / runner get warped and stick?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Quick update - fixed now. Took the castors out, cleaned up and regressed, then sprayed lithium grease on the guide nearest the hinge. It was this last bit that fixed it!

Now onto the next challenge...sunroof inches forward and stops.