Sign in to follow this  
duckdown_hoodrat

Drivers side indicators stuck on

Hello,

Had an intermittant problem with the drivers side indicators sticking on since i bought the car, happened once every other week or so but past few days they are just stuck on.

I have changed the relay, no difference. I also searched this fault and someone mentioned the alarm, but i think mine has been disconnected, a sensor is just loose on the dash with a wire hangin out.

Any ideas?

Oh also to note, the over heating light flashes 9 times out of 10 when this fault appears.

Cheers, Dan

sounds to me like the old alarm is still wired into the indicators and is providing an earth to cause your over-heat light to flash, and either earthing or putting power directly to the indicators... Definitely a case for a multi-meter, lots of time tracing wires and probably some blue language.... :?

find the alarm boxes within the dash, and trace the (probably all black) wires out to where the connect to the main car loom, then use a wiring diagram to find which wires connect to what....

Not a quick job, and somewhat tedious too, but that's the only way to do it.... :(