Sign in to follow this  
STU175

PASSAT GEARBOX ADVICE NEEDED!!!solved

well about 500miles ago i fitted a CHA passat gearbox, new clutch, pressure plate, bearing and all has been fine :D

..........untill tonight it suddenly started slipping like mad only just managed to get home at about 1500rpm it did just about work :(

i suddenly thought have i fitted the wrong clutch i put on a G60 one?????

what should it be if i was wrong???

thanks for any replys....

Stu

The G60 does have a specific clutch plate (part no. suffix) but I'd have thought it unlikely that a passat or 16v Corrado one would be much different and unlikely to fail so quickly, very odd.

been searching around and it has been suggested that i should have fitted a vr6 clutch but can find little info on this :(

anyone know anything about this :confused4: :confused4: :confused4:

well solved the problem today....when you pushed the pedal it seemed to catch something halfway thro, only if you pushed clutch lightly but not if you push it hard

well..... during fitment of the gearbox i put in a 13mm bolt to hold the clutch release lever in place. i did remove the bolt but thought ide just leave it in a few turns till i could find a shorter one.....and then forgot about it.

not a huge problem untill the inch long bolt manages to do itself up nearly all the way!?!?!?!?............ just catching the clutch release lever.

so happy it was 5 min fix and dont have to have the gearbox off again gave me chance to give it a clean....http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66097

still feel bit of a twat tho.......