Sign in to follow this  
92corrado

Knocking noise when pulling away

Hello again,

I am getting a knocking from the front when accelerating. If i pull away slowly get the car moving then blip the throttle there is a knocing/thud noise same in second but not as bad then 3rd even better. Am i right in thinking this is the front engine mount, had it on axle stands and using a bar to test play in the bush, there seemed to be a hell of a lot but i have never looked at any vw engine mounts before.

Appreciate any help, already have mount on its way, thought it wouldnt do any harm changing anyway.

Thanks

Mark

1st gear with bonnet up and handbrake on and if you can see the front of the engine rise by more than about 1 inch when lifting the clutch with a few revs the front engine mount is gone.

Cheers for the reply, When i used a bar to lever it, the mount lifted approx 5-6 inches, Good to know. Mount is delivered Monday.

Anybody know how easy it is to fit front engine mount?

Thanks again

Jack with a block of wood to spread the load underneath sump, bottom of mount is bolted to front crossmember under a 3 bolt cover, top of mount is one bolt to the bracket, easy to do..