Sign in to follow this  
MArrado

Another 'whats it worth' please

Hi,

I have a seized VR6 engine - about 85K on the clock - that was removed from my car. The cause and actual problem is undiagnosed and its far above my knowledge to investigate further. Didnt know if there would be any interest in this or how much it would be worth. Ive removed the coil pack and HT leads but everything else it there.

Cheers,

Max

£50? they're only worth £3-400 when running so if yours needs a gasket or a rebuild its almost scrap in money terms unfortunately

might just weigh it in in that case - other than the coil pack and leads do you think there is anything else that is worth removing?

thanks

it depends, if you're prepared to take it apart and investigate you might get more because you might find its a small specific problem and you could sell the head/block separately. it might all be knackered though..

i was just responding to you as it was - strip it to pieces and maybe its worth 100-150?

okay, thanks for the advice. If its possibly worth more seperate i suppose it wont do any harm to dismantle it....plus it will be good fun...and you never know, i might learn something.

Cheers...over and out.

Max