Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

Roof is fallin!!!!!???

Hello

my roof linning is falling in my non sunroof C :censored:

its been bodged in the past with velcro n it keeps fallin down onto my head :epicfail:

im off work this week so was goin to remove it but the issue im havin is:

remove and completly replace with new material

or

stick it in the washer n stick it back on! (forgot to mention its lookin tiered)

can anyone recomend materials to use?

and

what glue to use (n were do i get it from?)

anybody done this :shrug:

I did this a couple of week ago.

I had a spare lining so I stripped it and then covered it with black foam backed headlining material from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

scroll down to the main part of the page so see what I used

To stick it I used some high temperature adhesive such as Fast Fix 120 degree spray adhesive which the same person on ebay (ASTrim) seels within his ebay shop

I then used a stanley knife to cut out the basic shape of the lining leaving enough material over the edges to allow them all to be folded over except the two smaller pieces of the sunroof which I used a glue gun glue to stop the material coming free as the sunroof was used.

I then decided that my lighting surround then let the roof of the car down so stripped that down and did it as well.

I even had enough material to do my second head lining once out of the car

Swapped the lining out of my car with the recovered one and started the whole process again. The lining is on ebay finishing next week (plug!!! within ebay section of the forum)

I am really happy with the results

I popped into my local fabric shop (type of place people buy fabric for curtains and stuff) and got some black material that was sound.

As for the glue, get some industrial spray adhesive from a floor/carpet shop. They'll sell you a can for a fiver and it'll be plenty for the job.

My C is non sunroof too and makes the job so much easier. I simply stuck all the fabric down (working carefully from top to bottom) then cut away the excess fabric afterwards. Looks great and cost me £20.

Also, don't think you can really salvage the original material. It's so thin and you'll be lucky to get it clean again.

had a go today, peeled the old fabric off, got some nice new fabric for a fiver :D

stuck it to the roof then poped inside to watch the play offs (come blackpool :clap: )

whent to start trimin at half time n it was drapped over the seats :scratch: :epicfail:

off for some industrial glue tomorow as suggested :cuckoo:

managed to sort my roof today and it looks a million times better :clap:

if you take away all the materials i didnt use it cost me less the £8....bargin!

some pics of my handy work!

P1010993.jpg

P1010992.jpg

P1010991.jpg