Laser Mark

Flash Red Rado

I've been a corrado owner for the past 2 weeks now so I thought that I'd post some pics. The car was perviously owned by dave16v

Had a bit of a blast out to the Cat and Fiddle on Saturday so on Sunday I thought it would be a good idea to give it a bit of a clean.

Well her it is.

2l 16v

TT allows (5 stud conversion)

Full Magnex stainless exhaust

Momo stearing wheel

De wipered

And MOT book for Friday

Edited by Laser Mark

Plan is to enjoy it for the next year or so. Currently having too much fun driving it to take it off the road just yet.

I do have some plans and ideas but still doing my research into it. And saving up!

Looks nice mate, personaly I like the contrast of silver alloys against the black of the tyre.

I spent ages umming and arring over what alloys to put on my golf. In the end I plumped for a nice set of 19's in silver. They look massive as they contrast really well against the the car which is black.

I'll post some pics up later of it.

Yea good one, it is interesting to see our cars with different style/colour wheels, i wasnt sure about black but in the flesh they look good, stick some pics up matey............... :wave:

Hiya mate i just got myself my first corrado in flash red two weeks ago aswell :):):):) you look like youve picke yourself a nice one up, are your front lights smoked?? Of so do you know if it is tint spray or that laminex and does it affect the brightness of your headlights?? Cheers mate

Thanks mate, yeah got myself a good un.

The front lights are not smoked. I think that the photo has made them look a bit darker than they actually are.

Nice, looks like you've got a black Mk4 Golf in the background, sat on 19's by the look of it.

Very nice indeed. Red is really growing on me now. I was initally looking for a black one, but it seems that there are many dark coloured cars out there.

Should really call this the 'Red Corrado thread' :)

Looks sweet, liking the photograph of your C and the golf behind, especially the way the light catches the VW badge. Your interior is looks like new! :eek:

Nice, looks like you've got a black Mk4 Golf in the background, sat on 19's by the look of it.

Very nice indeed. Red is really growing on me now. I was initally looking for a black one, but it seems that there are many dark coloured cars out there.

golfanni018.jpg

Shes a dirty D Anni

golfanni029.jpg

golfanni025.jpg

golfanni019.jpg

Shes a dirty D Anni

If your refering to diesel, so is mine...lol :D

You can't fault 56 mpg while hammering it down a motorway at 70 (ish)

On a totally seperate note.....My C is booked in for an MOT at 3.30. It'll be the first one I've put it in for. Fingers crossed!

Well it Failed :(

1, Nearside rear shock has had it. Looks like its the original one so its not done bad. Going to get both the rear shocks replaced just to be on the safe side.

2, Headlamp aim, but thats no biggie.

3, Emmision.... :shock: was giving out 0.54% CO2 when it should have been between 0 and 0.3 %.

So already ordered for next week are 2 shocks and a cat.

Also got an advisory. I wondered what the banging was when I went round corners, it appears that the battery has been leaping around in the engin bay :nono:

I think I'll be making some nice new shiny stainless brackets on Monday at work to hold it down. :)

Nice corrado you have there, funny the red has grown on you! I was also looking for a dark corrado and looked at a couple with no intention of buying a red one. But i found a nice one and altho it was red i bought it. And the flash really is flash, it gets an unbelivable amout of looks no matter where it goes. Some folk bend over backwards so to speak to have a butchers.

ive got a battery clamp plate kicking about somewhere if its any good to you?

Also re: the emissions, i would very much doubt its the cat thats at fault, more like fuel injection set up and a good service.

The car was set up and new injectors fitted at D&G only a few months ago.

It looks as if there is no actual cat on the system so having one fitted. The CO2 emmisions where crazy high and just got higher. :shock:

Thanks for the offer for the battery brackets but I'll make some nice shiney ones at work next week. It'll go with all the other polished stainless under the bonnet. :)

Ahhhh Bugger!!!! Failed again. New cat fitted and the CO2 gone UP :censored: from 0.54 to 8.46 % initially, but after a while in idle it dropped to 3.6 ish. But stil not good enough.

Also, the head light adjuster has completly disintergrated. Quick phone call to my local dealer, and I mean local as its 200 yards down the road, and I have one on order for Tuesday delivery at a cost of £11.50 ish

Cars back in next week to try and get it through... Hopefully it won't cost too much more!

OOh, not good.

Have you got more plans for controlling the emmisions?

Good luck.

I think that when they removed the lambda sensor they may have gotten either WD40 or oil or whatever on the probe and inside the end of the cat. I guess it just needs to burn off as it was quite smokey and stank a bit, and did do for quite some time. On the drive home it did down, and stopped smoking. So hopefully next week it should be fine. Fingers crossed!

The exhurst needs some fine adjustment as its now developed a most anoying rattle and the flange isn't quite seated properly. But that'll get sorted next week.

I took a photo of the rear shocks and it's a good job I changed them both, one was much shorter than the other as so much oil had leaked out and the other has very bad corrosion around the top.

Hopefully once this little lot is all sorted it should be fine for some time.

I remember when Katy(moneypit23) had her decat fitted on her valver they told her keep the CAT and a week before MOT time to put it back on so that any extra build up which has accumilated can be burnt off so yeah do a few trips out in it and all should be fine

Just had a phone call from the garage and my baby has passed! :clap:

CO2 was down to 0.06%, much lower than last weeks 8.sommat%!

I'm a happy bunny now, can't wait to finish work and go for a drive :D

Right thought I'd update this as I've been a bit busy over the last few weeks.

Firstly, I took the rado off the road for the winter months as I couldn't justify having both cars on the road, or afford it. :nono: as I've come to realise, owning a corrado, means you have no money!

The first job on the list was to get the wheels of, these are now sat in my folks garage along with my spare set for my Golf!... As you can imagine, my dad's not too happy.

I asked my mate to show me how to take the disc and calipers off, I'm going to powder coat them silver. I was thinking Flash Red, but after doing Dave16v's last week I've changed my mind.

My box of bits to do!

ETKA Corrado.pdfphoto2.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

Hopefully going to be making a start on these next week.

Once I took the rear disc's off I had a good look at the axel beam. I have noticed a knocking when cornering so thought it would be a good idea to have a look at new bushes. After a bit of jiggering I (with a lot of help from a mate) managed to get the rear beam off, really struggled removing the brake lines from the bias valve as it had corroded so badly.

So here are the pics of the rear beam at work.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfP1010012.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

Had to soak the nut and bolt in WD40 as it was so rusty. Managed to get them off with the aid of 2, 3 foot lengths of box section.

Corrado92.pdfP1010011.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

After being pointed in the right direction by Dave, I copied the special tool shown in the wiki.

Sod buying one when I can make my own.

These could be for sale at some point...lol

The bushes came out quite easy, but I'm not sure if the cup bit needs to come out too? Any help would be great thanks.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfP1010027.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

The bushes are totalled, it explains the knocking!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfP1010028.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP1010029.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

So next job, was to get the beam in the shotblaster, I'm going to remove the spatter marks, and dress the welds up and then shotblast the beam again to remove and crap. Then spray it with etch primer of some sort (will put the name of it up when at work) and then powdercoat in flat, gloss black

P1010030.JPG[/attachment:r44055uy]

Got a few more bits to do before hopefully painting it on Friday.