Sign in to follow this  
til2143

8V slow to reach running temp.

Hey lads, im having a bit of a problem with my 1995 corrado 8v (2e), when i drive to work in the morning (about 20mins) the temp gauge stays at 0, it takes about 30mins of driving for the temp gauge to move, but when it does it goes to 90 and operates normally, ive replaced the thermostat, and ECT sensor (gsf 1), the heater works fine even tho the gauge stays at 0, fan cuts in and everything works fine.

It seemed to happen since i put a new waterpump and changed the coolant to g12plus, im thinking of getting a genuine vw ect sensor to see if that sorts it, any ideas?

in all fairness, my 8v, takes roughly that time, 10-15 mins , i drive about 4-5 miles and its still not hot, 8-10 miles shes up to temp, double check the thermostate you put in, was this genuine? and didnt you submerge it in hot water before installation , seen a few duff ones in the past?

I didn't put the stat in to water as it's is a new genuine one, it definately should be regestering temperature b4 it is doing, it's an unusual one :(