Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Car stalling after a bumpy road

Visited a fishing lake on way home from work and the road was terrible, really bumpy farmers track.

After that, when back on the road the car stalled a couple of times when coming up to junctions, both times it was slightly downhill and all power would cut out. Car started fine instantly after.

Have checked the battery connections etc, but couldn't see anything loose? didn't know where else to look and can't replicate the problem.

i did give all them a push, but figured it would have to be all of them or the main connector to coilpack to cause it to stall the way it did

is it possible you've picked up some $hit fuel somewhere - sloshing around and going up/down hills would bring out a problem like that...

HT leads etc - i would expect to cause it to misfire rather then stall. Sounds like a sensor and coincidence with the bumpy road to me. Unless the bumpy road has loosened something a sensor.

i had this exact same fault, and it was a dry soldered joint inside a relay in the relay box, try this, remove the fuse box shelf, with the engine running, tap the relays one by one, the relay that was faulty on mine was the ecu power relay, causing the engine to cut out,when tapped or moving over rough ground, let me know how you get on alex