Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

seat bolsters still available

yeah, I thought there was a bit of confusion over left and right seats and left and right bolsters :)

they are the same, from passenger to driver's side, but on most seats the foam is partly glued to the base, so you may not get it off the old seat totally intact (if you try to use a passenger one), would be much better than a worn driver's bolster though.

It's also worth swapping the base bolster covers on your old car, as the passenger inner cover gets no wear, unlike the driver one!

base cushions and covers the same, to extend the life of your interior :)

I'd imagine the backs are the same, bar the slot for the seat tilt forward :shrug:

Just gone to VW this lunchtime to purchase a new seat bolster for the 8v, part No. 535881378B, and they are now obsolete since the 27/7/10 :(

Battery jacket/cover is also obsolete since April this year :mad2:

The parts guy says that its unlikely that these parts will ever get back in stock again. I hope he is wrong!

I'm sure with those seat foams they keep making batches, I think this has occurred before, what you really need to do is badger the dealer to put in an order request so it is recorded that people are asking for them.

Battery jacket/cover is also obsolete since April this year :mad2:

Is there not one off a different model that will fit - It was only a few months ago that Andy (CazzaVR) got the larger one for his black valver?

Ian.

Is there not one off a different model that will fit - It was only a few months ago that Andy (CazzaVR) got the larger one for his black valver?

Ian.

Possibly and I think that the battery that I have is larger than the standard one. I will look into it, Cheers!

Apart from finding a passages seat on eBay and taking it apart, I don’t know where else to get a new bolster. It seems that every day you hear of a Rado part becoming obsolete

The "largest" Corrado/Mk3 Golf one was 1H0 915 411B which is definitely obsolete - 2 dealers in Taunton and Salisbury were listed as possibly keeping it, but neither had one when I checked.

Time to try the Breakers Yards instead?

Ian.