Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

de cat

was wanting to de cat the corrado but not sure wher to buy from then on a search through ebay i seen this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DECAT-PIPE-CAT-VW ... 4aa0ffd0ed

is there a massive difference in these pipes it says its got a ten year warrnty so it cant be too bad i wouldnt think and at the end of the day is only a 2ft or so pipe isnt it ?? its the cheapest i could find one at and the only other place thats quite cheap is venom motor sport wich do one for about 60 baz.

you can also make an offer on ebay so could possibly get it delivered for 50 quid asweal

Whats it going on? I've heard a decat makes negligible difference (n/a) unless the cat is blocked and is just a pain to swap come mot time...

its going on a 93 2ltr 16v iv heard it gives a better exhaust note with one on plus im hoping to get a four branch manifold on there asweal so when its all together was hoping it would sound a bit more beefy ??

Baught one now 50 quid delivered so we will see ordering the four branch manifold cum pay day asweal inless someone on here has one

Ours has gone in to have the cat gutted.

The cat will be mullered as the cars stem seals were knackered for ages before we fitted a fully rebuilt head from KR.

Hoping it will make some difference...

Is that wher they take the inners out of the stardard cat then im not to clued up on all that stuff as im not a mechanic i was hoping a few more people might of been able to help out lol its always best to have e varied opinion before you choose a product

Yeah he was gonna open up the cat, empty it and re-weld it up but turns out it was too difficult to do.

He made a de-cat pipe instead. Pulls much better and isn't too bad on the noise front (was expecting much worse if I'm honest)

it's made a difference but as I said, our cat was probably blocked up from when the stem seals were causing it to smoke like a chimney!

Pulls as a valver should now!

yea you probs have a point im still waiting for my de cat to come probs just gonna make a different sound until i decide what else i could upgrade im abit torn on a fourbranch but then after picking up my car from the garage today and got talking to the mechanic i know who said he would help fit a 1.8 t in it lol but thats big money i suppose

noticed on your sig asweal you got a panel filter on yours can i ask where you got it n price ? seen one on tsr website for bout 30 quid i think im gonna get

sounds like your enjoying the new found power did the de cat cost you much to get made then :confused4:

Making a de-cat cost about the same as buying one of those eBay ones.

The panel filter is just one I picked up at a show. I'd like to drill/modify the airbox and upgrade to a known brand one but she's happy for now so I'll leave it alone.

Four branch would be an awesome addition too but not just now for us.

tbh mate i tried fitting the de cat that arrived today and when i offered it up it was about 150mm to long lol so now i have to get it chopped anyway wich is a pain although it does look good quality and i think im gonna pik up a new panel filter seen one on tsr website for bout thirty quid wich looks ok and im thinking about drilling the box asweal but i dont wanna spoil it if it doesent achive the right effect and a nice manifold would be nice but they are also about 300 quid lol

There are 2 types fitted to the C (nothing's ever simple is it)

I've just noticed the one advertised doesn't have a lambda hole in it. Does yours?

From what I've heard removing the trumpet inside the airbox makes a slight difference.

Drilling the airbox improves noise more than anything.

I think our next 'mod' will be new injectors as these have done 120k now and I've read on here they should really be renewed at about 100k.

yea i know its a pain but id rather just measure cut and weld the one i have other then send it bak and get another that still probs doesent fit lol also it does have the hole for the sensor and also a bolt to fit incase you want it closed up for whatever reason

ill post a pic up when i get a chance , iv just this min been reading about the air box on club gti and alot of people say it does make a difference when you floor it but it stays quiet when just driving normal gonna get a k and n ordered i think the drill the lower airbox on the inside wing thats what iv read to be best ....not sure how many holes to do tho lol i wonder if theres a how to guide for the rubbish lol

jus had another look and sounds like its better to remove the bottom snorkel pipe or something like that gives the same noise effects but at the same time is reversible so not to wreck your air box

not sure exactly what pipe to remove tho might have to look in the manuals lol :confused4:

Have you got a link to the info on the snorkel/trumpet?

They're right about drilling the airbox. My last 3 cars have had drilled airboxes and I really like that it's quiet normally but loud when you're giving it some!

it was very easy to find on glub gti mate just search for drilled airbox and then have a look through i still havent found out exactly what to remove from where my self yet lol but im looking forward to hearing if its any better