Sign in to follow this  
ZeroK66

Car dies when I open the throttle?? HELP!!!

Hello all,

Well think I have fried my G60 ECU, but wanted to see if you guys had had this problem before/knew of a few things I could try to get it sorted.

Basically I can start the car no problem. As soon as I touch the throttle the car seems to start to climb RPM, but then dies. Like it is not getting any more fuel. If I leave the throttle open it climbs to 1500RPM, dies goes down to about 750 then catches again, goes up to 1500 and then dies. It is literally like it is stuck in Idle mode and is not supplying more fuel in line with the RPM increase.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Leon

have you looked at vac hose from t/body to ecu ??? could very well be this ! has to be a metre long aswell as having no holes in .. :lol:

That has been mentioned to me. Will tripple check it again, didnt look that hard last time. Will see, cross fingers that is the cause.

Thanks,

Leon

Check your idel microswitch in the TB is disengadging. Just unplug the throttle wiring harness to see if this changes anything. Just a shot in the dark. Experinced a car once with a sticking switch that just stalled as soon as the engine was reved over 2k or had any torque, micro swich was dead.

Good thought beavis, did check this, but this car does not run the idle circuitry. This was bypassed. That said I did fiddle and tape up some wires in that area that were with the throttle loom... perhaps I taped em up touching or something... will check that, thanks.

I had taped up the idle switch and put the tape too tight making the switch stay closed/on. (I dont use that with the 20v)

All sorted now :mrgreen: