Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

mixed bag of Q's

I want to do a coolant change on my rado. Its had a water pump and lower temp fan switch recently. I think that the temp gauge is broken so have no way of monitioring temps. Its also running a AUM 20vt engine. Ive read that a coolant change will find the niggles in the system and im going to be doing a 500 ish mile round trip in it to santapod bankholiday weekend. Do you think its a good idea to do a coolant change before i go, bearing in mind i cant monitor the temp. It doesnt appear to overheat and the fan kicks in ok im just a bit paranoid as ive only had the car a month or so and havent used it much so dont know it that well.

Also im going to change the spark plugs, i found some in halfords and they were 30 quid odd i looked on the euro car parts site and there about 3 quid each. For you people running 20v motors whats the best plugs to use.

I always use VW top dollar triple spark plugs in all my cars. Are perfect. :camp:

Can't help with the coolant bit though.

thanks cazza and johnny, think il give the ngks a go. as ive seen them mentioned for the likes of the vrt's etc.

Anbody have an opinion on the coolant question lol. i know theres no right answer. But will i benefit much from changing the water for coolant. will the car run much cooler do yous reckon