Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Fuel sender removal

Sorry another Q regarding the fuel gauge. If ive taken the fuel gauge needle off at some point and not taken note how ive put them on, can you make the fuel gauge read incorrectly? As ive just filled right to the top (until the fuel hose clicked) but the gauge is 1 mark off the top of the gauge. Though it was only 61.XX litres but the tank holds 70 does it not? But i assumed it was full cos it did click.

I know i did this with the speedo and it was reading 10mph out cos i hadnt taken note of how i put it back on. Can the same be done for the other needles?

Weeeheeey!!!! FINALLY managed to get the pump out.

Took a bit of wobbling to begin with that, then an almighty tug and it popped off. (worded just for you Tom :lol: )

Then changed the sender and back in again.

Hope it sorts the shoite fuel gauge out!

:norty: http://www.b3ta.com/questions/wrongness/post791156 (NSFW)

Sorry another Q regarding the fuel gauge. If ive taken the fuel gauge needle off at some point and not taken note how ive put them on, can you make the fuel gauge read incorrectly? As ive just filled right to the top (until the fuel hose clicked) but the gauge is 1 mark off the top of the gauge. Though it was only 61.XX litres but the tank holds 70 does it not? But i assumed it was full cos it did click.

I know i did this with the speedo and it was reading 10mph out cos i hadnt taken note of how i put it back on. Can the same be done for the other needles?

Yes you can.

Yes you can.

Brilliant story ^^^ :lol: I wont ask how you found that :norty:

Back on topic - ok cheers i'll see about adjusting it. What about the temp gauge though, as that still seems to work fine but i dont recall taking notice of how i put that back on either. But it seems to be working correctly :scratch: Maybe coincidence hmmmm.... anyway i'll adjust the gauge.

Hang on though, im 8-9 litres short of the tanks capacity, so why did the fuel hose click telling me its full!!!