Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Help please with some Schmidt MLs 9x16 et 15

Was a bit pre-emptive and bought the set of MLs that were for sale on here few weeks back. all 9x16 and et15. Asked seller about the fitment to a Vr6 and the fella said fine, no problems so i took his word and bought them, not his fault but im thinking now i should have checked multiple sources first but ive got the wheels now sitting all shiny in the front room looking lovely.

problem is after reading countless threads in the search i think im going to have some problems with the standard arches. think the rears may be ok pending how low i go but few ppl have said the fronts will be a major issue and wold never run these up front, poor handling etc.

the search has helped but now i need a bit more advice. has anyone got any pictures of another vr6 running the same or something similar as i know it doesnt help the vr has a wider track too! ive know rolling the arches can help but wouldnt really want to go down the pulled/flared route as i cant afford to repaint the rear wings. also i need 2 new tryes, the 4 are khumos 205/40s, 2 good, 2 only have about 2mm leftso are on their way out? not sure if the tyre fitter would fit them?

question really is it possible to get the fronts to fit maybe with some adjustment to the camber/toe etc and poss buy and run a smaller tyre. 195? not sure how much of a strech that will be as im not a wheel expert, as you can tell buy buying these! lol! or try running the duff tyres up front first before buying new ones, problem is the tyres arent on the wheels so i need to pay to get them fitted anyway? i dont want to pay for fitment of the old or 2 new tyres then fitment then find out i cant run the fronts?

ive gont some mille miglia porsche reps on at the mo that i believe are 17x7.5, not sure on et but theyre fine so i can run the car. just obviously much rather have the MLs on and i dont want to have to sell them!

any help or advise is much appreciated as its the first set of wheels ive bought and didnt do my research as well as i should have!

Hmmm shame you have bought them bid but that's not going to hp you problem,

my own view is 9's up front is shite too wide for the rado looks a bit rubbish and would handle really weird I think it would tramline quite a bit ,you might like the way it drives so suck it and see the arch is another problem I have had my rear arches pulled and retained the original shape as I don't like te bubble arch look so much but again my personal choice bubble arch is a cheaper mod though so would make it less painful running 9's on the rear with out arch pulling is a bit of a waste of time as the never sits right at all, you have to allow quite a big gap so you don't get rub on the tyres and you don't really want to lain your side Walls a 215/35/16 would help but again would look ridiculos tyre to arch ride height combo so think carefully on what you want to achieve,

running them up front well I have had my front arches plannished flat extreme rolling haha the shape size of the arch is stock the inner lip has bee completly flattend back to eliminate rub. This works for me running 7.5's up front but 9's it wouldn't even get close the car is really going to have to stay at stock ish height maybe a little drop but not much , you will also have to deal with the legalities of your wheel tyre extruding the arch the fuzz dint like that at all and can get a little push if they want to....

Hope this helps?

You're seriously going to struggle to get those on the front of the VR mate due to widetrack. Even if u roll and pull the arches u still have to run a fair bit of camber for the tyre to actualy tuck...

Personaly, i say sell em or try to px a pair for 7.5s unless u plan on a fair bit of bodywork/stretch/camber..

Try tyrestretch.com for pics of various size tyres on wheels.

cheers guys, apppreciate the help, think ill look into selling them as the inside of the wheel is sprayed tan, looks nice but means its unlikely someone will want a p/x as theyll be a mismatch between the fronts and backs inside the wheel? thinking 9s rear and 7.5s up front would be ok, 9s on the rear should be fine shouldnt they?

anyone want to buy a lovely set of modrnlines, look great on a vr, as long as you dont drive, lol!

9s on the back with stretch is all good... roll the arches though just to save yourself the grief of getting pulled incase the arches cut into the tyre...