Sign in to follow this  
kelvin

correct paint for the grey interior

hi all i have modded my door pockets from my 95 vr6 it has grey leather and grey interior trim but i am having a problem trying to find matching paint for the interior so i can spray the door pockets up to look the same has any of you guys with grey interior trim did this and if so whats the correct paint and where could i get it the guy at halfords dident have a scooby do he just said "paints are down there mate" :cuckoo:

Hi I believe you can use the Furniture Clinic paint used for dying/re-dying leather. I've never done any plastics (only leather Recaros) but if you follow the instructions just the same can't see why you wouldn't get great results.

Best bet is to go www.furnitureclinic.co.uk and check it out. If you can send them a sample of the grey you want to paint your bits in they will match it. From memory I think they match the VW Platinum (grey) leather as Grey 20 with the sample is sent them, but, I think the grey plastics are a darker shade though...

i use furniture clinic stuff to paint everything including the plastics of course you have to seal it with the gloss and satin laquers afterwards but the results are totally amazing ....well mine are anyway..... lol