Sign in to follow this  
tandino

Mk3 VR 288mm Goodridge hoses too short!!

Fitting a 288mm conversion to a 280mm Corrado Vr6.

Goodridge hoses for a late 95 on Mk3 VR6 with the banjo fittings,

Corrado is on stock suspension and on full travel and full lock the Goodridge hoses are about 4 inches too short!.

Now i know these very same hoses were fitted to my old Corrado Vr with the 288 conversion so i cant figure out whats going on!,either Goodridge have balls'd up or this very Corrado has about 4 inches more suspension travel than it should do!.

Answers on a postcasrd please!

Pete.

surely the hoses must be too short, have you got rear hoses as well? not got them mixed up

Hoses are 44cm from centre of banjo to end of line,

You cannot mix the hoses up as only the front pair have banjo ends.

Has anyone got a stock Mk3 VR front hose from their 288mm conversion and if so can they measure the length,

Ive just been on the phone to the supplier and they have stated they are the correct length and tuff!!

are your calipers the correct way up?

this is the set i bought when i did mine

DSC01145.jpg

this is them fitted

DSC01509.jpg

i can't measure them atm, but might be able to take wheel off car later and see

are your calipers the correct way up?

this is the set i bought when i did mine

DSC01145.jpg

this is them fitted

DSC01509.jpg

i can't measure them atm, but might be able to take wheel off car later and see

yes calipers are fitted correctly

Part no. is the same except its TVW not SVW, they are defo 95on VR6 hoses.

Ive sent Goodridge an email questioning hose length as i can see yours are miles longer just by looking at the picture.

Volksbits who supplied the customer just said they are the same length as the ones on the shelf, that doesnt help if the whole batch is too short!,

Im off to my local GSF soon to measure length against a stock hose, if its longer then Volksbits are going to be getting a phone call!

just googling around and found this page, albeit german

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... %26hl%3Den

TVW0604-6P

VW Golf/ Corrado VR6 (95 -) VW Golf / Corrado VR6 (1995 -)

OR

TVW0611-6P

VW Golf 3 GTI/ VR6/ Variant ab 3/95+ VW Golf 3 GTI VR6 / Variant from 3 / 95 +

i think they changed the golf mid 1995, so need 95>onwards hoses.

657VG0510

BRAKELINE KIT-BRAIDED

G3 VR6 95> 6 Line

I got this kit from gsf when i did mine fitted a treat

Pre 95 are the screw in hoses ala Corrado, post 95 are the banjo fit hoses which is what fits the later 288mm calipers and is what ive got,

If someone could get a measurement of their goodridge braided hoses it would be great.

Perhaps that everyone is running on lowered suspension with shorter travel shocks has not highlighted this problem?.

And to top it all the missus has just come home in our Mk4 GTI PD150 and the top pigtail of the front offside spring has broken meaning that the spring is sitting on the suspension turret rather than the top mount bearing!, never rains it pours!!

Pre 95 are the screw in hoses ala Corrado, post 95 are the banjo fit hoses which is what fits the later 288mm calipers and is what ive got,

If someone could get a measurement of their goodridge braided hoses it would be great.

Perhaps that everyone is running on lowered suspension with shorter travel shocks has not highlighted this problem?.

And to top it all the missus has just come home in our Mk4 GTI PD150 and the top pigtail of the front offside spring has broken meaning that the spring is sitting on the suspension turret rather than the top mount bearing!, never rains it pours!!

I put mine on before lowering mate and still no problem

How much short are they of the brake union a lot or very little??

I put mine on before lowering mate and still no problem

How much short are they of the brake union a lot or very little??

About 10cm on full drop and full lock!! :?

I had this very same kit on my old Corrado!, cant understand it.

Got some new rubber hoses to go on now but this is daft...

i would be ringing volksbits back and asking for SVW0604-6P as in the picture above instead of the TVW0604-6p ones you have, there must be some variation in them

Hope you get it sorted buddy

Jon

:(

Dude, it was me who pointed u towards them...I had mine fitted t'other week with no problems! What's up with urs?

Hi Chris,

My car is at Pete's (tandino) place at the moment getting the brakes fitted.

It seems the hoses supplied by Goodridge are too short.... I don't have the details as the car is at Pete's place.

Pete said the ones supplied are 44cm in length, so maybe Goodridge got it wrong?!?

Edit - my car is on standard suspension & Speedline

FYI, tandino are fitting the kits that I bought from ebay to my car.

These are the ones that I got and don't fit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310200354021&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

:bad-words:

Dude, it was me who pointed u towards them...I had mine fitted t'other week with no problems! What's up with urs?

Essentially the hoses are too short, no doubt they'd be fine with the car off the jacks but with the suspension unloaded and on full lock the hoses are way too short, im not prepared to let someone drive away in a car that could rip the hoses out under hard cornering or over a crest where the suspension goes to full travel.

If anyone who has a Goodridge kit could wip a wheel off and run a length of string alongside their hose and get me a measurement it would be much appreciated.

For now ive bought new OEM hoses which fit fine!.

:( Shame man. I had mine done at DG and the motor was on the ramps so suspension was unloaded. That's a real schitter, hope u get it sorted!! :bad-words:

Thanks Pete!

Hope the damage on your Golf isn't too bad...

Speak soon!

Not the end of the world, just means Mikala will have to drive the DC2 :lol:

Your front are done, managed to get two hoses from GSF.

Ive also fitted your drivers seat backrest adjuster, done your battery clamp up! and fixed the bonnet cable.

I dont know who last had the wheels off (VW?) but the wheelbolts took all my weight on a two ft long breaker bar bouncing up and down to crack them!, i thought they were going to shear at one point!

Not the end of the world, just means Mikala will have to drive the DC2 :lol:

Your front are done, managed to get two hoses from GSF.

Ive also fitted your drivers seat backrest adjuster, done your battery clamp up! and fixed the bonnet cable.

I dont know who last had the wheels off (VW?) but the wheelbolts took all my weight on a two ft long breaker bar bouncing up and down to crack them!, i thought they were going to shear at one point!

So you found the knob in the grove box then! :lol:

That DC2 at your place is lovely! Still wouldn't exchange my C for it though! :grin: