G60 NUBE

G60 low power

Hello. Following my previous post about my g60 running rich and sluggish I am encountering more problems, The first is that when Started from cold the engine will run for about 5 seconds then will suddenly die (it's like a switch has been turned off) when I turn it over again on the starter it sounds as if there is no compression at all. The second fault I have recently noticed is that the charger seems to be putting out less than half the power it was and sometimes it is kicking black smoke out the exhaust and also stumbles at around 4grand when the throttle is pushed quickly. I know this is slot to ask but if anyone can help me it will be very much appreciated. Cheers Rob.

I've had a problem like that before. The oil pump had packed up and was providing too high an oil pressure and jacking the tappets open. Try checking the oil pressure.

Ok how hard is it to change the oil pump on a corrado? The parts I have already replaced to try and solve these problems are both black and blue coolant sensors, distributor cap, rotor arm, ht leads, plugs, fuel filter,fuel pump relay and ecu relay, and I will be replacing the knock sensor today as there is an inch missing from the shielding on the cable.

To change the oil pump you need to take the sump off. Not too sure how difficult it is from there though.

I have been trailing the internet for answers to changing the oil pump and it doesn't seem to hard. I also put some soapy water on my boost pipes and on the charger baffle and I saw bubbles coming from the baffle.when I took the baffle apart I found that the O-ring which seals the two together has got a few snags in it. Does anyone know where to get this seal from?? The charger has recently only been producing about half the power it used to could this account for the boost loss or would it be something else. Cheers rob.

I have been trailing the internet for answers to changing the oil pump and it doesn't seem to hard. I also put some soapy water on my boost pipes and on the charger baffle and I saw bubbles coming from the baffle.when I took the baffle apart I found that the O-ring which seals the two together has got a few snags in it. Does anyone know where to get this seal from?? The charger has recently only been producing about half the power it used to could this account for the boost loss or would it be something else. Cheers rob.

Throw that plastic bit of s**t in the bin and buy an bbm rsr from G werks hey presto no leaks, and your oil pump is an easy job too just need a flexi drive extension to get to the bolts on the gearbox end.

I'd be tempted to try the stealers first, as they are quite a common pump for most larger block vw's and such the price should be quite competitive.

Hello. Just wanted to say thanks to all that helped with the running problem. The oil pump was the culprit in the end! I have since had a stage 4 recon done on the charger by Jabba sport and it's now a pleasure to drive again. The only problem I have is that now the oil light and buzzer randomly flash and beep at me. I am pretty sure this due to a faulty pressure sensor but on close inspection there seems to be two on the oil filter housing and one at the charger oil feed end of the head. Please could somebody tell me which one I should change. Thankyou

Change both switches for piece of mind, hopefully the duff pump hasn't damaged anything else