Sign in to follow this  
BILLCOR

VR Cylinder Head - Dimensions

I fitted that head myself to BPN before I sold the car to Graeme, it was skimmed and polished at the time. That was only a few years ago I'm just surprised you've done it again?

I took it into Agra Engineering just to get it checked over and get the stem seals changed, they told me the head needed a full refurb, I told them it had been done only a few thousand miles before it was removed from the car and that I had a receipt for the work, they said they could see there had been work done on it, but it was pretty poorly done, saying the valves had a fair bit play in the guides and that the car the head had been on had been overheating and had been getting topped up with water only, no coolant, and that the head had been bought down south, they said they knew this due to the amount of limescale build up on the head :shrug:

After Graeme told me about the problems he had with the engine, I did worry it might have been the quality of the head. I bought the head from a bloke near me who was selling it as a fully refurbed unit. Had trouble getting hold of a receipt of the work so it may have been a cash job. Sorry about this Bill, it looked satisfactory when myself and my brother gave it a look over. But then again you can't really tell from just looking at it, and I'm not the most experienced to do such a thing.

I hope this all gets sorted for you soon :shock:

After Graeme told me about the problems he had with the engine, I did worry it might have been the quality of the head. I bought the head from a bloke near me who was selling it as a fully refurbed unit. Had trouble getting hold of a receipt of the work so it may have been a cash job. Sorry about this Bill, it looked satisfactory when myself and my brother gave it a look over. But then again you can't really tell from just looking at it, and I'm not the most experienced to do such a thing.

I hope this all gets sorted for you soon :shock:

Not your fault mate, Agra are well known for their work and are always busy, so I knew when they said it needed refurbed, they weren't pulling a fast one, the funny thing about all of this is that the head that was on my car is in far better condition than the new one, all its needing is new stem seals :brickwall: the new head was just to save on garage time, swap over the head, simples :lol:

That was all you needed! :brickwall:

Exactly what I did when I got the refurbed head, thought I could swap it straight over and save any off the road time... Worked out all right at the time, but looks like it was a bad idea now :bad-words: