Sign in to follow this  
GCDG60

Pit Stop Developments????

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Pit stop have a good reputation for charger rebuilds?

Has anyone used them?

Need some advice as I need my charger overhauling :roll:

cheers, MIke

Down south near Brighton. Worthing. Steve and the crew are very helpful. Need to keep at them sometimes though.

Gavin.

couple of guys on here run it, there have a much better reputation than jabba :lol:

funny that as i heard they went to jabba to see how it was done :roll:

jabba may have once been the best place for g60's, but alot of people on this forum have had bad experience with their customer service, so thus, they now have a bad reputation :lol:

Yup, my advice (and only my advice, I only speak from my own bitter experience here!) is to avoid Jabba like the plague if you're after a supercharger rebuild... They just don't want to know and seem to be using sub-standard parts in their rebuilds recently... My charger had less than 14K on it and ALL of the bearings and most of the seals were shot less than 16months (4 of which it'd been off the road!) after a stage 4 rebuild done at Jabba... :| :(

G-Werks (Darren) did a rebuild on mine for me and looks to have (I've not opened it! :-P ) done a lovely job on it for a better rate than Jabba was charging and with a whole hell of a lot better after sales too! 8)

there's a overhaul kit on german eBay.

Be very very wary of such kits on Ebay. I've often enough read of bad expereinces with those kits on the German Rado forum (often the apex seals are just simple piston seals or of similar material, NOT the required stuff for apex seals).

Tempest

funny that as i heard they went to jabba to see how it was done :roll:

LOL.. Not unless Jabba are just outside Stuttgart in south Germany. Myself and Liam were shown how to service a charger by a ex 'Jung' (original development/development company) engineer, who is now a good friend, a few years back. Yet again another example of the VW scene 'chineese whisper'.

We are based in Littlehampton on the south coast.

outside Stuttgart in south Germany

Wouldn't be doc aka Wolfgang Zwiesler? Know quite a few of the Corrado Scene Süd folks from around Stuttgart and Karlsruhe (went to a meet there over Xmas in my G60 8)

Tempest

Stupid question:

Where are they (Pitstop Developments) based?

Tempest

Had a look at the website and there is no address on there. Or at least one that I could spot. Maybe an idea to stick it up there and some directions. Worst thing is you couldn't be much further away from me :cry:

take it from me...............you will need good directions! LOL

G-Man & PitStops certainly know there stuff,would not hesitate to use them again.

Pitstop Developments,

Five Stones Nurseries

Toddington Lane,

Littlehampton,

West Sussex,

BN17 7PP

Map

Edit: Made url smaller to stop page being messed up --Andi (Admin)

When you opening a northern branch??? Its a 980 mile round trip :cry: :cry: :cry: for me I really didnt want to post the G60 but get the car looked over but darn thats a lot of driving on some of GB's finest roads.

Maybe a mobile G60 lab to take up north for a while every year :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was actually suggesting the above for your web site (but I guess you got that)

The Northern premises used to be in Brum. Steve is teh first 'Northerner' I have heard of that moved south deliberately!

Ducks behind wall.

Gavin :mrgreen:

Just a quick big up for Steve and his crew, they got me out of the serious preverbial this weekend with a rebuilt supercharger plus extra expertise on the "you name it I had the problem".

From Steve Oxford, aka Dubs