Sign in to follow this  
adolf1976

could i be right......idle probs still

hi again all,

im still having probs with my 2.0 16v idling a bit rough. car drives fine above 1000 rpm but sounds like its struggling on idle.get a little smell of petrol more on slow runs averaging 20 mpg

i have three isvs none of which hum or vibrate like ive read but all work fine on 12v. should i have voltage to both wires on the isv or just one.

could i be right......my throttle body seems worn. the little pulley under where the acc cable is drops back about 3-4mm more than it seems it should.cant adjust position of it or compensate with throttle cable as it doesnt hit the switch.

ithink the little pulley controls the little butterfly in tb, when i hold it it the 'correct' position revs pick up to 900-950 and sounds much better, when i let go car nearly stalls, then picks back up lumpy

would i be on the right track that my tb is worn and closing the little bfly too much therefore starving engine of air and increasing fuel to keep engine running , also thought this could explain my exhaust popping when decel unless i blip throttle?????

any advice, shoot downs or ideas welcome