Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

TOAD Ai606 test mode

I have a TOAD Ai606 fitted to my car which has recently developed a tendency to randomly go off. On page 8 of the installation manual it explains how to put the unit into "test mode" in order that you test each of the alarm triggers and indicate the last trigger cause. Try as I might, I can't get the alarm to enter this mode. The instructions say:

* Turn the ignition "on", then "off", "on" then "off, then turn and leave the ignition "on".

* The LED will illuminate

* Press and hold buttons 1 and 2 together for three seconds. The siren will emit a small chirp when in Test Mode.

After the first step, the LED starts flashing rapidly, red. Once I press and hold buttons 1 and 2, the indicators flash, and it seems like the alarm has entered valet mode, not test mode. So what am I doing wrong here?

Interestingly, I note that the ignition sequence to enter test mode is apparently identical to the one used to enter programming mode. Indeed, the alarm flashing rapidly is what the instructions for programming mode suggest it should do. Programming mode works fine and I have changed various alarm settings, so there is no problem there, but entering test mode is eluding me. It's strange that the ignition sequence to enter programming mode and test mode is the same - is this a case of a misprint in the manual perhaps?

Probably a long shot posting this here, but has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks.