Sign in to follow this  
rado2

fuel leak

Hi wondered if anyone can help or has had the same problem when i start my vr6 from cold it really smells of fuel and if you look underneath you can see fuel dripping from the chassis box section where the fuel lines go in . So you would naturally think its the fuel lines right !!!. So why is it that if you switch the car off and start it again the leak stops and when the car is warm no sign of a leak at all . Wierd hah. The car flew through its mot yesterday and i pointed this out to the guy at the garage and he agreed there was traces of fuel but could not find a leak . He said he didnt think it was the fuel lines as they are under so much pressure fuel would piss out eveywhere all the time . I have noticed the foam that is inside the chassis box section that protects the pipes breaking up so defo leak somewhere anybody got any ideas . thanks in advance . :salute:

Hi. I had this when I replaced the fuel pump last year. It was leaking where the plastic fuel lines under the car join the rubber ones in the bay. replaced original crimped hose clamps with screw type fuel line clips(jubilee) this cured my problem. put it down to the new pump putting more pressure out than the failing old one! Car whent faster anyway :D

Thanks mate you were right that what mine was doing all fixed now nice one thats a beer i owe you .