Sign in to follow this  
aaron-j

oit, water and MFA

hi guys, could any one tell me how the MFA works on a vr? i no the obviuos bits like oil temp n sfuff but not all of it, and what are the two differant settings i.e MFA 1 and 2 also my water temp gauge shows 70c and oil shows 112 usally once its all warmed up, are these normall temps?

It's all in the instruction manual if you have it but basically the MFA 2 is ongoing until you reset it, MFA 1 is for each journey and resets after 4 hours (I think) of the engine being off.

Oil temp a bit high but ok - water temp should be 90 when warm (middle of the gauge) - most likely you have a duff sensor or the thermostat is stuck open.

mfa1 is for that particular journey, mfa2 is an average of all your driving since you last reset it. you also have average speed, avg. fuel consumption, outside air temp, trip mileometer and timer.

the oil temp is a bit high if the water is only reading 70 however and you wouldn't want it going much higher.

normal water should be 80-100, going up to 105ish in heavy traffic. check out the "definitive VR6 cooling guide" in the engine bay section of the forum, it should help with troubleshooting.

edit - beaten to it!