Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

MK4 brake woes

I'm confused, my understanding of mk4 rear calipers were that all you had to do was get the mk2-mk4 conversion hoses and swap them and the calipers over, bleed 'em - job done.

Why does my handbrake conduit look too short??????? Is this normal???? :scratch:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf12062010966 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2qixgq5f]12062010968 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2qixgq5f]

There is the possibility of deleting a securing point part way down the trailing arm that could give me a bit more slack but I'd like a considered opinion on that before doing it!

Also If i'm going to replace the cables (which I now am!) do I need standard 1.8 valver/G60 cables or the later ones for the late valver/VR6, AVS lists two different numbers would the later ones be any better in this situation??

Colin

Colin, I just finished doing this conversion last week on my G60. All went well, pretty much without hitch. I replaced my cables with new items. Part number V1H0 609 721 E, £23.49 for the pair. I still have my old ones that I took off. I'm in Hildenborough if you want to pop over and check anything out.

From the pictures it looks as the clip that holds the cable outer to the beam doesn't have enough slack for the caliper end. On my old and new cable there was a blue ring around the outer that married up with the clip so just used that as the guide for the correct amount of sag/tension. Is it both the same sides?

Jaime

Cheers Jaimes, having done the nearside today i managed to pull through enough outer to sit nicely but the offside (photo) is still bloody stuck! It might move better without the cable in it so I'll have another try then, Cheers again for the numbers i'll sort them tomorrow ta should be able to fit them tuesday :) 8)

update : Cheers g60jaime I replaced the cables a couple of weeks ago and in doing so realised that that crome clip just undid! :lol:

No probs from them since - I also did the front pads at the same time and then 2 days later drove to Waterloo in Belgium and back with 3 up and kit.

No issues to report, 8) Result!

Cheers again :wave: