DanVW

Schrick Sumps

Anyone know if these are any deeper than the stock item? Am looking at a mocal and new Sump but Im a bit worried about clearence due to how low the car is, I havent scraped sump on it yet but there really isnt a great deal of room down there! 8)

Also I hear if I fit the Mocal sandwich plate I cant run the stock oil filter any more, is there any option that removes the whole water/oil cooler unit so you can run a sandwich plate with the stock oil filter?

Cheers

Dan

Do you want to remove the old water/oil exchange above the filter?

I think that by keeping the standard oli/water exchange and fitting a Mocal plate means that a standard filter will foul the front subframe.

To remove the standard item, you will need to either block up the water pipes that feed into/out of it, or replace with Mk1 Golf water pipes.

You'll then need to chop down the threaded bar that the filter screws into.

I'll go out and get some pictures for you as it will probably make it easier to understand!

Cheers Slim, Yea I want to run with the original oil filter so am heistant to just slap on the mocal kit. I just had the charger rebuilt and a 68mm pully and SNS stg5 chip fitted and on the trip home I noticed I could reach 116 degrees on the oil (without exceeding the 4k rpm charger run in limit) so I really need to address the oil cooling now :shock:

I noticed when I got my samco kit that the Two pipes that should feed the oil cooler had been linked with a bent copper pipe so I gues the guy had removed the standard water/oil cooler to fit a Mocal kit, just need a better idea of whats involved :-)

Cheers

Dan

The two pipes could be joined, blocked off or they can be replaced with Mk1 Golf pipes. I fitted mine when I still had the G60, and the pipes came in the kit from G werks.

The original cooler has been removed. To then fit the sandwich plate you will beed to cut down the threaded rod that screws from the housing, through the standard cooler and into the filter.

This is a picture of mine, you can see where the pipes have been blocked.

HTH

13062010174.JPG[/attachment:2uupo033]

you can fit a polo 6N oil filter which is shorter than the stock one

Just measured the sumps for ya quickly, there isn't much in them, they are both about 12cm deep but the Schrick is no deeper than stock anyway.

As for the sandwich plate, if your pipes have been blocked anyway then you may as well delete the OE oil cooler altogether. This way you can keep running the standard oil filter with no clearance issues.

You don't need to cut anything if you don't want to, just buy all the standard parts from the MK1 golf.

Threaded union (shorter one)- 059115721

Water hoses-1 x 026 121 053G

1 x 068 121 063M

Double check the water cooler part no's I just pulled them from another thread. £20 should buy you the three items at VW but then again they do change the prices and the last time I bought them was about 2 years ago.

Andy

When i fitted the Mocal on mine, i spoke to G-werks and they reccommended Fitting a Polo G40 Oil Filter,

:D