Sign in to follow this  
Adski

Aftermarket Recaros...

How do the people that have bought aftermarket Recaro Seats fit them?

As Recaro dont list a Corrado Subframe,

I dont want to go down the Mk2 route as wont that make me end up sitting too high??

Any help would be very much appreciated... Pics would be good too...

Adam.

How do the people that have bought aftermarket Recaro Seats fit them?

As Recaro dont list a Corrado Subframe,

I dont want to go down the Mk2 route as wont that make me end up sitting too high??

Any help would be very much appreciated... Pics would be good too...

Adam.

Im off to pick my boy up from school but i will go into detail later!.

Just fitted black Honda Integra DC2 Recaro Speed's to my Corrado...

Right ok here we go.

There are two ways of going about it.

First one is to use your existing Corrado seats, this will involve cannibalising them so if youve got a mint seat of Corrado leather find either a pair of front lower seat subframes or a pair of doggy front seats - your going to be cutting the f**k out of the them so you dont want to use anything decent.

Essentially you want to use the rear side runners and the front slider and the bit of frame that joins them, the lower seat base that is welded to the top is scrap, you will have to cut it off with a grinder

Esssentially this is what you want to end up with after youve had a mounting frame welded to the runners:-

11062010033.jpg

11062010034.jpg

Leads to this:-

11062010035.jpg

Im going to get some more metal welded to the rear of mine as the seats need to move back about 2-3 inches, was difficult to explain to the fabricator on the phone as to where i wanted the frame mounted :D , bear this in mind when you get yours done, you want the frame to extend back over the rear rails a bit more.

The other alternative is to buy something like this:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Now i almost bought these, the thing that held me back was they didnt look particularly strong and also you would need to sort some sort of anchor for the seat belt .

choice is yours, my subframes cost me 50 quid to fabricate, i reckon another 20 quid to get the runners lengthened but obviously that was just trial and error.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Pete.

Thanks for that!

Much appreciated,

Would either need to find old tatty front seats or buy them frames then, as iv got a 944 interior so would sell that complete,

Gives me something to think about!!

This is a good thread, lots of people ask about this alot, well done tandino a+ and a smiley face, hope this is easy for people to find in the search.

reet verdict is in on the ebay specials and there toss :( . there way too wide to fit to my corbeau :( , they only fit cheap raceland seats. the welded is terrible and to my eye the level seems to be out in so many places. the sliders are kk tho lol, shame i already had them. they dont look safe to even put into the car in my honest opinion. the best way is to have them fabricated im goin to say, ive seen actual corbeau subframes for sale at 90+ quid for the corrado, has anyone used these or know of any one who has? might splash out if there a direct fit with no messing or if anyone has 2 seat bases avaliable hit me up with a pm. cheers

also tandino have u got measurements for the frame you had made just the length front to back as u needed yours extending, i know that left to right will depend upon your seats mounting points widths. :notworthy: