dubonic

heater core/matrix leaking

good day all, i have an issue with my 92 16v corrado. the heare core is leaking coolant into my passenger footwell and needs to be replaced. now here is my issue.i know there IS currently a recall on all mk2/corrado and early mk3 heater cores, and if you take it back to the dealer they will replace it , as long as it has not been previously replaced under the recall. my problem lies here:

i am in ontario canada, my corrado was imported her from ireland, and is a right hand drive model, thought to be the only one in north america, vw of canada can not find me a parts listing for my style of heater core, if my memory is correct, the heater core tubes are offset to fit the location on the fire wall, all our corrado's here are offset to the opposite side to accomodate for the left hand drive, vw of canada cannot even check my vin to see if my car was fixed under the recall.

1. does anyone know if there is a uk website for vw that i can check my vin on to find out if my car has been previuosly fixed?

2. does anyone know a uk website that i could order a heater core from for a 92 corrado 2.0l 16v,(right hand drive) that might be willing to ship it to me here in canada?

any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks -jay

i'm sure someone could buy you one and send it to you if you asked? would that be ok?

do recalls not have a time limit on them though? have your garage said they'd do it if you could get the part?

they're still looking into it, but they think i might be out of luck because the car was imported into canada, by someone other then volkswagen of canada :( so asking someone on here to pick one up and ship it to me might be my only option, aside from getting a local radiator shop to make me a custom one for big $$$. when i get confirmation from them that it won't be fixed, then i'll have to ask about who accepts paypal here :D

I get a 10% discount from my local VW dealer. Would be happy to ship you a heater matrix for whatever it costs me to buy one and post it to you!

Oooo ... should have changed the thermo switch! Would have saved me a nice pair of leather shoes! Are the scare of my life as the car filled with steam!