Sign in to follow this  
learner

G60 fuel Hose

Hi,

Ok, I currently have 3 rado's, 2 x 1,8 16v (one won't start and the other has a nice big dent in the sill, car's straight but they want £4500 to repair) and a G60.

I've had the G60 for 6 years now, it's been on the road for about 10 mins and has a huge list of problems.

My mechanical knowledge is pretty much zero as well.

But, I am fed up with it sitting there, I've wanted one since I first saw one at 18 and I am now 28.

First thing I need to do with it is replace the fuel hose as it has split.

Am I just looking at buying a new one from a VAG garage/ebay or can I use the nicer looking silicon hoses? (or are they just for air pipe replacements?)

The G60 has a huge amount that needs doing to it. I'll find the old 2 page MOT from 2002 and post some of it here.

I will be posting lots of questions so I hope you will be patient with me. I am just hoping it will be a worthwhile project to restore a lovely car :)

you can use universal fuel injection hose , i dont think any silicon ones are suitable

the proper vw parts are pre shaped , but rather expensive

All 3 hoses are about £50 from VW - I really wouldn't use anything else on a G60 as they need to fit and last well for safety!