Sign in to follow this  
tweaked

Spoiler problem (very weird and not the usual)

Right people my spoiler on my vr raises using the switch and lowers, it also raises automatically at 50/55 BUT then lowers at 60, then up at 70 then down at 80. Whats going on, i have searched but everyone else has a different problem to myself. HELP PLEASE. thanks :D

Sounds like a faulty spoiler control module (it's a black box about the size of a cigarette packet).

It's inside the dash, next to the manual spoiler switch.

I'd be trying that first.

Bear in mind that if you are going to change the module that the VR6 module is different to the 16V/8V/G60 ones. I believe that they will fit, but that the spoiler goes up at a lower speed. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Bear in mind that if you are going to change the module that the VR6 module is different to the 16V/8V/G60 ones. I believe that they will fit, but that the spoiler goes up at a lower speed. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Yeh mine now comes up @ 45ish! Better than it not coming up at all when I bought it tho :D

Have you done anything with your stereo recentley? There is a speed signal wire (blue/white) that needs insulating. Mine wasn't at one stage and the spoiler had a mind of it's own.

Have you done anything with your stereo recentley? There is a speed signal wire (blue/white) that needs insulating. Mine wasn't at one stage and the spoiler had a mind of it's own.

Hi mate, no havent done anything with it but by insulating what do you mean (tape it up)?

Hi mate, no havent done anything with it but by insulating what do you mean (tape it up)?

Yeh, cut off any exposed wire, fold it back on itself and wrap insulation tape around it. If the end of that wire touches anything you can have all sorts of strange issues. Having said that though, if you haven't had the stereo out or altered the loom, there's little chance that this would only now be a problem.

Good luck :)

Right, my spoiler started blowing the fuse so i stripped it down and cleaned it up and regreased the cables, but i find that the spoiler gets really stiff just before is its down all the way. Any thoughts now?? I have a feeling i'm going to need to buy a new spoiler mech

Right, my spoiler started blowing the fuse so i stripped it down and cleaned it up and regreased the cables, but i find that the spoiler gets really stiff just before is its down all the way. Any thoughts now?? I have a feeling i'm going to need to buy a new spoiler mech

When you stripped it down, did you check for build up of grease around the cogs? Mine was blowing fuses due to the cogs trying to turn in a lump of grease that had somehow gathered in one spot. Once I removed the lump and regreased it was fine :)