Sign in to follow this  
Mo

Oil Temperature and Spoiler

HI

I've just bought a corrado G60 and I just want a few questions answering.

First of all, could any 1 tell me what the normal oil temperature of the car should be? The oil temperature on the car usually fluctuates between 98 degrees celcius to 108 degrees celcius when I'm driving. Is this normal for the car. If not, then what can I do to sort this problem out?

The second problem is, there seems to be a screw or something missing from the oil chamber. When I was putting oil in the car, there was a small whole just near the cap and the oil was pouring out. Is this whole suppose to be there or do I need to fill it up with a screw or a rubber piece? what implications does this have on the engine?

The final thing is that the spoiler just doesnt seem to work even if I press the switch. What checks do I need to make to sort this out.

I would greatly appreciate if any 1 knows the answers to these questions. Thankyou for viewing.

Oil temp sounds fine but if you find its going really high them fit a mocal cooler!

Hmmm, where is the hole? - what side of cap, there should be a rubber gasket on the cap or was it on the rocker cover??

Spoiler have a look at fuses first then the control box (near the manual switch) - look at all the fuses at the spoiler was tapped onto different circuits depending on what year and modle you have, if its only 15a replace it first and if it goes again, stick a 20a in there.

At what temperature should I start worrying in regards to the oil?

The Whole is on the rocker cover (I think). But should there be any whole?

The spoiler didn't work on auto or switch when I got my Corrado either. Finally got round to taking a look and found the power was disconnected in the tailgate. I reconnected it expecting fuses to blow or some other electrical madness to occur, but thankfully it's been working perfectly since. Some things are way simpler to repair than you'd ever imagine, eh?

One problem fixed....several hundred to go....

Sounds like the hole your talking about is the one connecting the oil filler cap lip around the oil filler hole. The lip is the part that the filler cap screws into. When filling the car with oil if your a bad shot and spill any into the lip surrounding the filler hole then it drains out of the hole in question at the front of the rocker cover.

If that is the hole your talking about then its nothing to worry about, just mop up the excess so as to not cause a mess under the bonnet! (no-one likes mess!) I dont believe the whole is supposed to have any sort of cover over it.

Hope this helps

:D Cheers lads for all your help......atleast I can drive the car with some ease now. But I'm sure there will be another problem soon. Just the way things are! Once again thanks for all your replies. :mrgreen: