Sign in to follow this  
muppetlab

FUSE BOX QUESTION

Opened a can of worms by dropping the fusebox down and finding a nightmare of several alarm instals and bodges. :shock: One wire red/yellow has been spliced and theres a large (yellow) female spade connector on it. I assume it plugs into somewhere or maybe they ran out of crimp connectors? Or it maybe where a immobiliser was tapped into the fuel pump circuitry,and when that was removed they just rejoing the wire with a spade connector? The only place i can see it might plug in is a male terminal just below the fuel pump relay on the back of the board at the bottm if that makes sense. Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be anything plugged in there and wether its this red/yellow wire? Its a 92 vr if that helps. I know wiring is a nightmare job and its difficult to explain without seeing it. When i test for current at the spliced connector i get a momentary flash of voltage when the ignition is turned on. As my car is not running at the moment i cant tell what happens with the engine running but my best guess is its the fuel pump wire and the brief flash is the quick burst to prime it before starting? If anyone can help that would be great as i am really missing driving the old gal in this hot weather as the roads are nice and grippy at the moment and theres some corners near me that are great in the dry. cheers jez

I know fuse box wiring is a nightmare, having just completed a long-running diagnosis of a live wire that was going to earth :(

Cab you tell where the red/yellow wire heads off to ?

I'll have a peep around mine again, as its still uncovered !

Had a peep around the fuse area - I have at least 4 wires with connectors that are just hanging there.

One is a yellow female connector with yellow wire - cant really tell where it goes till I drop the fusebox of its hinges again.

Any chance of posting a photo of what the connector looks like ? Then I'll see if I can match it to anything ... ...

Thanks for the reply, the car is still at work but will try and check it out later this week. Thanks for your help. cheers

Had a peep around the fuse area - I have at least 4 wires with connectors that are just hanging there.

One is a yellow female connector with yellow wire - cant really tell where it goes till I drop the fusebox of its hinges again.

Any chance of posting a photo of what the connector looks like ? Then I'll see if I can match it to anything ... ...

Hi checked the connector and its just a spade terminal someone has crimped on so no help there. Think its in the fuel pump circuit though as it is the same colour wire (red/yellow)

OK, I'll have a dig around mine and let you know what I find. Such a rat's nest or wires there, lol.