Sign in to follow this  
Akinesis

Crank Pulley Bearing

OK, been having a look at a few threads and found one on Club GTi that was quite promising!

I have a squealing problem that I'm 80% sure is the crank pulley. I'm planning on getting the belts off to have a better look but as I understand it all the belts and pulley's are interchangeable between the 9A and KR??

If so, this will make acquiring stuff much easier. Can anyone verify this?

Also, does anyone know where I can get a crank pulley bearing from? I'm struggling to find one on Google!

Cheers all

The crank pulley bearings are the crank bearings themselves inside the engine!

Have you got that belt off yet!?

Haha! Well hopefully it's not the crank then :lol:

OK, so maybe it's just the pulley then. No haven't got the belt off cos I'm not home yet. Will probably do it sometime next week. I'm just gathering research at the mo! Ok, well I've seen plenty of crank pulley's, and what you've said explains why I can't find the pulley bearings :roll: But, hey, I'm learning!

Cheers for the info :salute:

if you mean the water pump idler pulley bearing, then you can weld it up, or remove it and fit a couple of the 9A/late KR pulleys, there's several threads on here explaining the options, have a search.

No worries mate. Like I said before though, if you remove the belt, then spin each pulley by hand, you should be able to quickly identify the offending item(s?).

Also, start the car with the belt off and if it's still squealing it could be the cam belt tensioner

Cool, will have a look through the threads. Belts will come off next week and I'll do an invetigation :grin: Thanks for advice, fella's!